Need help with fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a 1992 c1500 that the cigarette lighter isnt working (has power) the cab light wont turn off when truck is on. Saw somewhere that its connected to a faulty fuse but need help figuring out which one it is.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 1992 c1500 that the cigarette lighter isnt working (has power) the cab light wont turn off when truck is on. Saw somewhere that its connected to a faulty fuse but need help figuring out which one it is.
I want to say circuit 10 or 12?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Ctsy fuse right in the middle of the fuse panel runs both the lights and the cig outlet. The same circuit from the power junction on the firewall to that fuse also runs the headlights, and the parklights through the fuse directly below the Ctsy fuse. They put way too many loads on that wire and your fusible link may be starting to melt out. Just went through somewhat similar issues with two other members here very recently lol

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ctsy fuse right in the middle of the fuse panel runs both the lights and the cig outlet. The same circuit from the power junction on the firewall to that fuse also runs the headlights, and the parklights through the fuse directly below the Ctsy fuse. They put way too many loads on that wire and your fusible link may be starting to melt out. Just went through somewhat similar issues with two other members here very recently lol
Alright thanks

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Another question. What fuse box is that fuse located in the one in the engine bay or under the steering wheel?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There's only one fuse panel on an 88-94, in the cab under the left side of the steering wheel. The fusible link junction block is on the passenger side upper firewall under a plastic cover.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A
There's only one fuse panel on an 88-94, in the cab under the left side of the steering wheel. The fusible link junction block is on the passenger side upper firewall under a plastic cover.[/QUOTE
alright thanks