97 Suburban, electrical help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody, this weekend i revisited the no power problem for the over-head console and center console that came up after i removed the non-factory alarm system even though the circuit wasn’t altered. To start i tested the wires for the relay then tested the wires fed into the fuse block with the truck on and off. To my surprise everything was getting power however no power past the fuse block. Another thing I wanna mention is the wiring harness that I found tucked away, it has a white wire which is hot constant and a purple wire that’s inconclusive. I’ve provided a few photo's of the relay and fuse block, if anyone has any advice on the matter it’ll be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, i’ve heard it's possible to wire a single relay into the low beam circuit that will make them brighter. Any knowledge of it?

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 8

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hello everybody, this weekend i revisited the no power problem for the over-head console and center console that came up after i removed the non-factory alarm system even though the circuit wasn’t altered. To start i tested the wires for the relay then tested the wires fed into the fuse block with the truck on and off. To my surprise everything was getting power however no power past the fuse block. Another thing I wanna mention is the wiring harness that I found tucked away, it has a white wire which is hot constant and a purple wire that’s inconclusive. I’ve provided a few photo's of the relay and fuse block, if anyone has any advice on the matter it’ll be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, i’ve heard it's possible to wire a single relay into the low beam circuit that will make them brighter. Any knowledge of it?
Purple wire on GM usually has to do with ignition power, so a circuit that is only hot when the key is on....

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purple wire on GM usually has to do with ignition power, so a circuit that is only hot when the key is on....
That’s what I read too however the circuits wiring is mainly constant power (Red) except for one purple wire (the one in the loom) it’s inserted into the NAT port of the convenience center. I’m thinking of a way to make the relay and fuse block more independent without using any of the vehicles wiring as well as being able to turn it off and on with a switch.