Need help from algeria

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"a 95 gas truck is likely to be the 4l80e."

Wait so that means my 95 k1500 Silverado z71 has a 4l80e already and I don't need to find one I just need to pull it

Raji

Reaction score
'90 2500 (8 lug, which you can tell by the rear hubcap) will be TH400. Lots and lots of work to swap in a 4L80E regardless of what year it came from. ('91 was first year for 4L80E)

But yeah, absolutely right, no telling what's in it now.

Raji, one thing that could be a plus, if it's a TH400 that's a very very basic (and strong) transmission. It's 3 speed with no overdrive. I'm sure things may be very different where you're at but over here it's a very inexpensive transmission to rebuild and any transmission shop can knock them out with their eyes closed.

Richard
Thanks Richard ,

I think that 4L60E & 4L80E transmissions are lil bit available here , but TH400's are extremely rare , so that's the problem , the owner told me that only the oil pump need replacement or fixing so i wish that i could find one , or the best solution that i wish to do is adapting a 4L60E or 4L80E transmission in this 1990 truck.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gets tricky, due to the 4L80E being electronically controlled whereas the TH400 is not. Different engine compartment wiring harness, and first year for the 4L80E - 1991 - introduced a few other changes most of which being a "TCM" transmission control module, basically like an engine computer but just for operating the transmission, since prior to 1994 the 6.5TD trucks were mechanical injection, no computer required to operate the engine. Then the usual stuff like different length driveshaft, gear indicator, etc.

If you could find a 1991-1993 diesel-equipped C2500/C3500 parts truck to raid parts from, you could make it happen.

Something tells me though that since you've found these two trucks nearby already, a little more hunting/patience will turn up a more feasible project for you.

Richard

Raji

Reaction score
i had confirmed about the transmission it's a 3 speed automatic unfortunately , so it will be so difficult to find this transmission !

the oil pump's are different in 4L60E & 4L80E & TH400 ?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images