Need help from algeria

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raji

Reaction score
Hi i'm a new member here , i'm from algeria and a big fan of the old GM trucks and honestly i do prefer the 73 - 87 generation .

So my post here is about recently i decided to buy an old Chevy truck that somebody from the south of the country told me about it , i think it's an old 1990 Cheyenne ?? ( photos are under the post and i will be happy if someone could identify it ) , this truck as you can see the tires are flattened , the rear door and bumper needs a paint job , so a lot of work , and even the engine was remplaced by a TOYOTA 3F (someone can give me more info's about this engine), the important thing i wish everybody to verify well the vehicle in photos and give me their opinions about it because i have no experience in mechanics , and the baddest part here is their parts are extremely rare in my country but i really love these trucks so i really need help , Thaaaaaaanks

The photos :
You must be registered for see images

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are correct on the early 90s part. It is in the year range of 88-94 if I remember the grill change years. A lot of the parts you can find online pretty cheap, the difficult thing will be seeing if they will ship to your country

Raji

Reaction score
it's really difficult to ship them , customs rules here sucks , unfourtantely ! what about the pics so you didn't remark something's wrong ?? like here you can see a lil bit of the suspension part

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
welcome.....looks pretty complete and fairly rust free. How about showing us some pictures of that Toyota engine in it?

Raji

Reaction score
That's the problem i don't have the engine pic's , sorry , but it is a good engine ?? it is available in north america (Toyota 3F) ??

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Quick research shows the 3f to be a straight six landcruiser/fj motor. Interested to see some of the work that went into that.

Adam

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Welcome! It's a base model C2500 Cheyenne, 1990 looks about right (it's an 88-93 for sure, 94 got the new grille, 95 new dash).

I'm another who would be extremely interested in seeing that engine. I would say it originally had a 5.7.

Is it a standard or an auto?

Raji

Reaction score
Thanks i will try to get the engine pic's , but about the model i think it's a K2500 not a C2500 ????

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If it's a 2wd, C1500

If it's a 4x4, K2500.

Looks like a 4x4 front frame section, but can't really tell in the pictures.

Looks like the 9.5" ring gear rear end. That would be a semi-floating axle, which refers to how the axle shafts are supported. Fine piece of kit.

As to the rest: are you asking if it looks like there something wrong or are you asking how to fix something? I'm not quite clear on what you are looking for.

It looks like it's been towed to where it sits (cable through front frame rail) and that huge oil puddle under the engine compartment is not a good sign if it's not running.

I'd say it likely has the Toyota engine in it because it was available. A mechanical diesel is also an easy swap: get it bolted in, a cable or two and then a wire to the fuel shut off and you're running. GM slipped the 250/6 into some export models, so the 3F isn't a big challenge to get in there if you have a little skill with a chop saw and a welder. I would bet it has a Toyota transmission and transfer case as well unless someone was a very good backyard machinist and built an engine plate adapter.

"Rode hard and put away wet" is how I would describe it. That means well used and not a lot of care given to it.

Can't say much more about it without better details about the truck.

Last edited: