Need help from algeria

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raji

Reaction score
If it's a 2wd, C1500

If it's a 4x4, K2500.

Looks like a 4x4 front frame section, but can't really tell in the pictures.

Looks like the 9.5" ring gear rear end. That would be a semi-floating axle, which refers to how the axle shafts are supported. Fine piece of kit.

As to the rest: are you asking if it looks like there something wrong or are you asking how to fix something? I'm not quite clear on what you are looking for.

It looks like it's been towed to where it sits (cable through front frame rail) and that huge oil puddle under the engine compartment is not a good sign if it's not running.

I'd say it likely has the Toyota engine in it because it was available. A mechanical diesel is also an easy swap: get it bolted in, a cable or two and then a wire to the fuel shut off and you're running. GM slipped the 250/6 into some export models, so the 3F isn't a big challenge to get in there if you have a little skill with a chop saw and a welder. I would bet it has a Toyota transmission and transfer case as well unless someone was a very good backyard machinist and built an engine plate adapter.

"Rode hard and put away wet" is how I would describe it. That means well used and not a lot of care given to it.

Can't say much more about it without better details about the truck.

Thanks you so much , i think i must avoid it i didn't remark that oil puddle , and as i said i don't have any mechanical experience , so it will be very hard to me to own a car like this that need's a lot of work , and that's from what i get from your message .

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I made a mistake in my earlier typing: c2500, not c1500.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like a fair bit of work.

Tires are bald, needs replacement. So Thats 4 tires right off the bat.

Suspension and brakes will likely need work being that old and on what looks like a neglected vehicle.

Body is beat up, not a big deal except for looks.

Your big problem is what's lurking under that hood. Thats the big unknown that may or may not need a lot of work.

And if it has a Toyota engine in there, everything just got a lot harder to fix and find parts for.

I would recommend you look for something a bit more common to your region. A car or truck you see commonly. The more there are around, the more likely you are to easily find parts and people who know how to work on them.

Raji

Reaction score
Yes you're absolutely right but i don't like the common car's here (european & asian) and i really really love the old GM pick up trucks so i will look for another one in better condition or i will buy this one and try just to make it move ! i got a big love and respect for these american machines !

about Toyota engine parts here in Algeria we have those engines in the old FJ80 , they are lil bit common and i think i can find their parts , but the problem will be in suspension parts !

Raji

Reaction score
Hi ! i'm back again on this forum :wink: , so about 1 month ago and few other days i have visited that blue C2500 Cheyenne , the owner was a good man and very honest ! anyway he tells me about the engine and the gear and everything ... , but the big problem was in the license papers of the truck , so that's why i stopped the deal !!
You must be registered for see images attach

the truck is back on the roads

but i found another one (1990 C2500 Extended Cab) in little be better shape with the original engine 6.5L TD V8 works fine as they told me , but the problem is in the oil pump of the automatic gearbox , i don't know the right reference of it gearbox , but i think i can found it on the 1995 GMC Sierra's because they are little be available here in Algeria and they're all equipied with the same engine 6.5TD so i think i can find one and i'm here just for asking if i can place the 1995 Sierra automatic gear in this 1990 C2500 Extended Cab.

The pictures of the 1990 C2500 that i found :
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks !!!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
HEEEEEEEEELP is what you need with a 6.5 TD, good thing there's spares of them around you, you're gonna need them. Problem is, those spares need spares too. :D

Richard

Raji

Reaction score
So you're telling me that i must avoid this kind of cars because they aren't reliable at all ?

Raji

Reaction score
You're scaring me , i think i will be a Toyota Land Cruiser owner as the rest of people here in Algeria , Thanks anyway.