Need fuel pump help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did one on a 2001 and I wish I could remember if the new sending unit had one, it shouldnt be to much different, it might be a secondary vent hole. On your old one can you remove it like a plug? If so it might need to go on the new one. Also On that 01, the wires had to be used from the old one IIRC.

I wish I could remember man, but with the job came a 12 pack..

No the old one is a solid piece, no removable plug. The new unit also uses a new electrical plug which is included.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what the top of the new sending unit looks like;

You must be registered for see images attach

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if I took a piece of rubber tubing or a short metal bolt and epoxied it into the hole?

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you try that you will get a check engine light for a evap leak, sure looks like they gave you the wrong pump

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you try that you will get a check engine light for a evap leak, sure looks like they gave you the wrong pump

I got the part number from the local GM dealership according to my VIN. I guess I'll have to return it to Summit and get a different one.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that hole is where a fuel tank pressure sensor goes. It looks like the map sensors on 96- up vortec engines

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say they sold you the wrong one or your model may be a mid year change model.

Which id say they sold you wrong one consider original was metal and new one is plastic

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say they sold you the wrong one or your model may be a mid year change model.

Which id say they sold you wrong one consider original was metal and new one is plastic

Original one, well the one that was in the tank, was plastic. And it has enough dirt and grime on it to make me think that yes, it was the original pump.

In fact, all the new pumps from AC Delco for the GMT400 are plastic.