Need advice on led headlight conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
One I would not ride around with these on my headlights very long this here is just until the headlight set that I ordered comes in that's it I'm not that ******* driver that I feel like y'all are making me out to feel like

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
Boy y'alls pockets are deep I ain't got money like that for stuff like that good God I one of y'all want to buy them for me I'm down and take them but good Lord I'll help me I ain't paying freaking $100 just for headlights not even counting the marker lights or the corner lights or the parking lights or nothing just a Headlights by itself we're a hundred bucks I've been out of work for 3 weeks I ain't got money like that

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well unless you want to go where I ordered it from pick it up for me and bring it to me I have to wait for a ******* month because that's when delivery is so I mean for the sake of all drivers would you like to help me out????? You're an ******* just saying

:lol: If you think that was an ******* answer you must live a pretty sheltered life. I thought I was as helpful as I could possibly be there. Enjoy your ghetto rigged setup.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A new set of headlights with glare caps, and a 9011/9012 bulb conversion will give you plenty of light.
Unless you've got the big sealed beam lights, there's no good LED option.
This is the best option.-> 9011s/9012s on headlights with glare caps and a headlight relay.

Headlight relay can be wired up for real cheap and provide a significant performance improvement even with factory bulbs. It wont look bling bling though.

LEDs or HIDs in housings that are not designed for them just puke light all over the place where you dont want it. Blinding oncoming drivers, ruining your night vision, and ultimately making the vehicle more dangerous rather than less dangerous like a proper upgraded setup.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
:lol: If you think that was an ******* answer you must live a pretty sheltered life. I thought I was as helpful as I could possibly be there. Enjoy your ghetto rigged setup.

I apologize i was not in a good mood this morning.. My punk nephew went in my work shop to look for my fishing stuff and knocked my grill off the bench and cracked it and of course didnt say ****.. I dont even knw what i was thinking this morning. I lost myself for a few hours..

Just becuz i can't afford to spend $500 in headlight housings doesnt make it ghetto. At least im trying to amke my truck better than what it is I've been raised around Chevelle's and C10 K5 blazers all my life. Just new to the leds and how it works. Im old school! If someone gave me a brand new silverado I'd sell it and buy a pre 90's model. You have your opinions i have mine. Doesnt make my ride ghetto makes it different from yours i dont want the same **** as someone else i want it my way. And thT crystal clear chrome is just not me. I love black cars black on black on black. Lol now im white AF also not racist, I hate everyone equally. This is my fathers most recent restoration build. Im doin the best i can. It needs some work im doin what i can as i can.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I apologize i was not in a good mood this morning.. My punk nephew went in my work shop to look for my fishing stuff and knocked my grill off the bench and cracked it and of course didnt say ****.. I dont even knw what i was thinking this morning. I lost myself for a few hours..

Just becuz i can't afford to spend $500 in headlight housings doesnt make it ghetto. At least im trying to amke my truck better than what it is I've been raised around Chevelle's and C10 K5 blazers all my life. Just new to the leds and how it works. Im old school! If someone gave me a brand new silverado I'd sell it and buy a pre 90's model. You have your opinions i have mine. Doesnt make my ride ghetto makes it different from yours i dont want the same **** as someone else i want it my way. And thT crystal clear chrome is just not me. I love black cars black on black on black. Lol now im white AF also not racist, I hate everyone equally. This is my fathers most recent restoration build. Im doin the best i can. It needs some work im doin what i can as i can.

You must be registered for see images attach

I appreciate and accept the apology, thanks. We all have those days. I've been lashed out at unnecessarily my fair share of times here over the years for giving info that people don't want to hear. Most of them never own up to it though.

If you have the time and really want to learn all about it, read through that 200+ page thread I linked sometime. Everything you'd ever want to know is in there. The long and short of it goes like this. The drop in 9005/9006 LEDs may be brighter than halogens, but the multiple sided diode distribution as opposed to the 360 degree output from a halogen filament throws light much differently. Meaning that even with brand new headlight housings you're introducing unwanted glare and/or hot spots by switching to LEDs. If you combine that with your taped up reflectors you're going to be throwing light all over the place. That's why I was so adamant about telling you to replace the housings before going LED. Truth be told you'd be much better off (and probably have more total brightness) by switching to 9011/9012 HIR bulbs and upgrading your headlight wiring harness to a heavy duty model like @5vortec7 makes. Upgrading the harness alone will gain you over a full volt at the connectors which translates to a whole boatload more output, and the HIR bulbs are easy to fit just by trimming the tabs.

Regarding the Anzo and Spyder chrome housings that everyone is recommending, everyone uses them for a reason. They work well. They don't require any kind of fiddling like swapping brackets or sealing with silicone. 99% of the cheaper aftermarket options will. If you really want black housings I'd at least consider going with some from Anzo, although any reduction in reflective surfaces in the housing will reduce output. I know it may seem like a lot of money but to put things in perspective the factory headlights are around $150 per side.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm into my lights on my 96 for right around $150 bucks for BOTH at this point, I've got a cheapy LMC truck HD harness and 4Hi, 9011/9012 bulbs I bought at a discount, and Ebay TYC replica lights.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boy y'alls pockets are deep I ain't got money like that for stuff like that good God I one of y'all want to buy them for me I'm down and take them but good Lord I'll help me I ain't paying freaking $100 just for headlights not even counting the marker lights or the corner lights or the parking lights or nothing just a Headlights by itself we're a hundred bucks I've been out of work for 3 weeks I ain't got money like that

I hate to break it to you, but one of the most essential items on your vehicle isn’t a place to cheap out on. Just because you can buy a crappy set on eBay for 50 bucks doesn’t mean you should. They will go bad in a year or so. Stay away from leds in the housings for these trucks, they generally don’t produce safe illumination. Stay away from the Facebook morons who use 20 dollar eBay leds because they light up the world-they also blind oncoming drivers (imagine a love one being blinded and having a bad accident-you would be sued so fast).

I realize you did apologize, but keep in mind most folks on this forum are die hard enthusiasts and have done the research. Learn from them. Most have been around for years.