Need advice on led headlight conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I've been using the Auxbeam S1 (fanless) 9005+9006, with HD harness+4HI in my 98 and are pretty good for the money. Nice white, bright light. Haven't had any issues with them (knock on wood) and I've had them for almost a year now.

I had gotten some headlights from Headlight Depot. Complete junk. Condensation got in the lenses even though I siliconed the **** out of them. Get the good quality headlights from Anzo, worth every penny: https://www.amazon.com/USA-111136-Clear-Crystal-Headlight/dp/B00A1AIPP6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2FD3U91W83A8O&dchild=1&keywords=anzo+headlights&qid=1586920200&s=automotive&sprefix=anzo+headlights,aps,331&sr=1-2&vehicle=1998-47-454------------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

And Anzo has the complete set if you are wanting to switch over to completely chrome: https://www.amazon.com/USA-111099-Chevrolet-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B0038AVHGU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2FD3U91W83A8O&dchild=1&keywords=anzo+headlights&qid=1586920200&s=automotive&sprefix=anzo+headlights,aps,331&sr=1-3&vehicle=1998-47-454------------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

Didn't even have to touch the Anzo's with silicone.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
As far as fitment they were fine. It doesn't matter what brand you get they will still have to be adjusted. I park on a level area in front of a garage door and adjust until they are the same height and look about even on both sides. Than I drive around and adjust until the road is lit up best. Make sure to adjust both sides evenly.

I actually was able to fix them. A friend that had been around a long while told me to put aluminum AC tape on the inside and it worked. I Thank God too cuz everything i find is delivered by the middle of next week.. Im still gonna order some just now im not stuck out somewhere when the sun is down. I definitely want some LED's though. The ones you got work great and not cost you both arms and a leg? lol

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
I've been using the Auxbeam S1 (fanless) 9005+9006, with HD harness+4HI in my 98 and are pretty good for the money. Nice white, bright light. Haven't had any issues with them (knock on wood) and I've had them for almost a year now.

I had gotten some headlights from Headlight Depot. Complete junk. Condensation got in the lenses even though I siliconed the **** out of them. Get the good quality headlights from Anzo, worth every penny: https://www.amazon.com/USA-111136-Clear-Crystal-Headlight/dp/B00A1AIPP6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2FD3U91W83A8O&dchild=1&keywords=anzo+headlights&qid=1586920200&s=automotive&sprefix=anzo+headlights,aps,331&sr=1-2&vehicle=1998-47-454------------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

And Anzo has the complete set if you are wanting to switch over to completely chrome: https://www.amazon.com/USA-111099-Chevrolet-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B0038AVHGU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2FD3U91W83A8O&dchild=1&keywords=anzo+headlights&qid=1586920200&s=automotive&sprefix=anzo+headlights,aps,331&sr=1-3&vehicle=1998-47-454------------1&vehicleName=1998+Chevrolet+K1500

Didn't even have to touch the Anzo's with silicone.
I been looking the problem is that i haven't worked that much and cant afford to spend a lot of them at the moment. So im gonna get the leds for now and look for a headlight and taillight bundle. I kinda like the blacked out look more than the chrome. Never really been that into chrome. But i also use it for work e everyday. I already spent a lot pf time on grill..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually was able to fix them. A friend that had been around a long while told me to put aluminum AC tape on the inside and it worked. I Thank God too cuz everything i find is delivered by the middle of next week.. Im still gonna order some just now im not stuck out somewhere when the sun is down. I definitely want some LED's though. The ones you got work great and not cost you both arms and a leg? lol

Please for the sake of all the other drivers on the road buy a new set of headlight housings ASAP and don't run the ones you have with aluminum tape covering the reflectors longer than you have to. You've pretty much completely ruined their ability to throw light where it's supposed to be and keep it out of places it's not supposed to be. Converting to LED is only going to make those issues worse.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please for the sake of all the other drivers on the road buy a new set of headlight housings ASAP and don't run the ones you have with aluminum tape covering the reflectors longer than you have to. You've pretty much completely ruined their ability to throw light where it's supposed to be and keep it out of places it's not supposed to be. Converting to LED is only going to make those issues worse.

Someone needs to link Shovelbills thread ASAP, I'm on mobile and can't link things

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Like @df2x4 said, get new lights. The headlights that you modified are no good anymore. Putting that aluminum tape throws stuff out of whack.

Black just doesn't throw light very good, if you are wanting good light output. Even just putting a good quality halogen bulbs in a chrome housing is better than putting something in a black housing. Chrome reflects light, black absorbs light. If you don't do a lot of night time driving, then yeah get black headlights. But if you do a lot of night time driving, go chrome.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score

Well unless you want to go where I ordered it from pick it up for me and bring it to me I have to wait for a ******* month because that's when delivery is so I mean for the sake of all drivers would you like to help me out????? You're an ******* just saying

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
Like @df2x4 said, get new lights. The headlights that you modified are no good anymore. Putting that aluminum tape throws stuff out of whack.

Black just doesn't throw light very good, if you are wanting good light output. Even just putting a good quality halogen bulbs in a chrome housing is better than putting something in a black housing. Chrome reflects light, black absorbs light. If you don't do a lot of night time driving, then yeah get black headlights. But if you do a lot of night time driving, go chrome.

I'm not wanting to put spyder headlights I don't like them they're ugly these are what I would like to use but delivery is not for May 15th I can't do anything until then because of the Coronavirus

You must be registered for see images attach