Need advice on led headlight conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
I screwed up and painted the inside of my headlights black and I already sealed them up with flowable silicone in which I already need brighter headlights cuz I can't see **** so what's a budget cost-effective LED light that I can put in a 1994 Chevrolet C 1500 any advice would help thank you

Brittin

Reaction score
No LED light bulb is going to make a painted reflector shine.
The chrome 'reflects' the light in front of you.
No chrome, no light. Regardless of the brightness of the light bulb, especially on the black surface.

Go ahead and order a new set of headlight housings.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A new set of headlights with glare caps, and a 9011/9012 bulb conversion will give you plenty of light.
Unless you've got the big sealed beam lights, there's no good LED option.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Definitely go back to chrome and you'll already see a difference.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score

98 K1500 L31

Reaction score
I put Hikari 9005 and 9006 LEDs in mine and I love them. Also did 4Hi mod. If you go with cheapo housings I suggest trying to reuse the original mounting brackets. Mine only lasted a few months before they broke. I got mine from headlights depot

Last edited:

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
I put Hikari 9005 and 9006 LEDs in mine and I love them. Also did 4Hi mod. If you go with cheapo housings I suggest trying to reuse the original mounting brackets. Mine only lasted a few months before they broke. I got mine from headlights depot

Whats 4hi mod? Never heard of it before. Im new to the Silverado only had the truck for about 4 months. New to the led lights i know after some research that led is the better better option than hid just more expensive how did the headlight housings that you bought from headlight Depot how did they fit other than the mounting brackets I hate to get something and it's not the right thing and then you know with the coronavirus situation at the moment I'd hate to be screwed with something that I can't get returned

98 K1500 L31

Reaction score
You will also need orange reflector bulbs if you put clear ones on to be legal. I won't go into to much detail as there are already some really good articles on this site. The 4hi leaves your dims on when you turn your brights on. It just consists of a relay and some wires. I like my headlight housings, they are just a little on the flimsy side. But I've had them for a couple of years and haven't had any fogging yet. They were only $60

Last edited:

98 K1500 L31

Reaction score
As far as fitment they were fine. It doesn't matter what brand you get they will still have to be adjusted. I park on a level area in front of a garage door and adjust until they are the same height and look about even on both sides. Than I drive around and adjust until the road is lit up best. Make sure to adjust both sides evenly.