Need a rebuild manual, and direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these bearings replaceable? I feel like it's a bit of a ship in a bottle. Would I have to drive one of the pinion pins out and take a pinion out to replace it?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You replace the planetary as a unit rather than replace bearings/bushings. Do the gears have play or feel rough when you spin them?

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, please tell me the front of these splines is supposed to be beveled

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not like that, looks like more carnage.
That part of the splines doesn't engage anything. I'm not even sure how it would get damaged.

Any idea on the bearing in the bottom of the carrier assembly? I feel comfortable using the output shaft, if that part of the splines truly isn't used. Open to opinions though. Maybe I'll need to get a better picture of it, but the new gear set I got they slides into those splines, slid on just fine

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy kits to replace the bearing in the bottom of the planet along with the pins, bearings, and gears. You can see how the pins are peened over and I personally wouldn’t try doing that, probably a better idea to replace the whole unit if you are not happy with the condition. If you use the output shaft I would suggest making sure there is not any metal that has the possibility of coming loose and causing more damage.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another case of me not inspecting parts until I go to install them. Reverse input housing. The teeth at the end aren't warped/bent back like the manual warns against, but the band has worn on it unevenly. Looking at new drums, they all show a step, even new. It doesn't look burnt or anything. Part of me just wants to replace it to remove any doubt, but my wallet is beginning to look a bit anemic [emoji1787]

other than that bearing that let go and it's immediate blast radius, and a few burnt clutches, not much else appears that bad. Pretty much all the other bearings felt nice (but still replaced) and all the bushings looked great to (again, replaced anyway)

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t put the straightedge above the lip, check it below the lip for wear. Looks pretty good in the picture.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don’t put the straightedge above the lip, check it below the lip for wear. Looks pretty good in the picture.
Below the lip it's nice and straight