NBS master cylinder Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I've said previously I like the weightier feel on the move from EVO (while featherlight at parking speeds).
Maybe though, this may be partly explained from being in the UK where cars didn't have powersteering so were heavy and when PS arrived high gearing with a weighty feel became the norm. Different roads and expectations either side of that big pond.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think we're OK it's not like we're calling names, but it's not the valve at the pump that fails it's the sensor on the column under the dash. Despite that, I have an extra EVO valve and would be wise to hoard more because you're right, nobody is making them. You're not the only EVO hater on here but your post gave me an opportunity to sing its praises to those who may be on the fence.
Nah we good :)

And yeah, when my EVO worked properly, I really liked how the truck performed. But it failed, caused me to have to remove it, and now I've jumped on the EVO hating bandwagon :gr_grin:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey someone might be googling "NBS MC swaps", and this may have just become the new ultimate "Should I swap the MC, or hydroboost?" And yes... Hydroboost all the way! :welcome:

That's true. And that's what I hear. But I think most of the time people read these threads and get confused. I agree hydroboost sounds best. Or just keep it OEM and upgrade all the hardware. This thread I think we'll go next to what's better 4 L 60 e vs 4 L 80 e LOL

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's true. And that's what I hear. But I think most of the time people read these threads and get confused. I agree hydroboost sounds best. Or just keep it OEM and upgrade all the hardware. This thread I think we'll go next to what's better 4 L 60 e vs 4 L 80 e LOL

And we all know the correct answer there, don't we? :deal:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
b x x.อ.

Basically

Easiest way to determine if you like the feel is to unplug the connector going into the solenoid at the pump.

Can also disconnect under the column for the same effect

Not to drag the conversation back to EVO but I'd like some clarification here if anyone can provide it. How does a truck actually behave after deleting EVO compared to when the EVO system is intact and functional?

The reason I ask is what you two stated about unplugging things to "test the feel without EVO." I've never unplugged the solenoid on the pump, but I have unplugged the column sensor which puts the system in full boost all the time. Simply put, that sucks. I can't understand why anyone would be advocating the EVO delete if that's what it makes the system feel like. Steering that over boosted feels unsafe to me at high speed.

I've seen other people say that deleting the EVO results in a constant boost level but less than full, which would be much more reasonable.

On another note I swear I've seen someone mention fine tuning the boost level by restricting fluid flow at some point in the system...

TL;DR Deleting the EVO properly doesn't really provide the same result as unplugging the column sensor does it?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to drag the conversation back to EVO but I'd like some clarification here if anyone can provide it. How does a truck actually behave after deleting EVO compared to when the EVO system is intact and functional?

The reason I ask is what you two stated about unplugging things to "test the feel without EVO." I've never unplugged the solenoid on the pump, but I have unplugged the column sensor which puts the system in full boost all the time. Simply put, that sucks. I can't understand why anyone would be advocating the EVO delete if that's what it makes the system feel like. Steering that over boosted feels unsafe to me at high speed.

I've seen other people say that deleting the EVO results in a constant boost level but less than full, which would be much more reasonable.

On another note I swear I've seen someone mention fine tuning the boost level by restricting fluid flow at some point in the system...

TL;DR Deleting the EVO properly doesn't really provide the same result as unplugging the column sensor does it?
It depends on how you delete the EVO. My PS pump was going out, so I got ine with the EVO delete tube all ready installed. This takes the valve on the pump out of the system. Its grate. No more weird twitches and I find that its plenty of boost at low speeds. Just like the trucks before GM had EVO.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It depends on how you delete the EVO. My PS pump was going out, so I got ine with the EVO delete tube all ready installed. This takes the valve on the pump out of the system. Its grate. No more weird twitches and I find that its plenty of boost at low speeds. Just like the trucks before GM had EVO.

Appreciate the response Kenny, but it doesn't really answer my question. I'm more concerned about boost at higher speeds. With the EVO in full boost (column sensor unplugged) the steering is way too sensitive at 50+ MPH.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out of all these emojis, not one is stirring the pot.

:shitsweak:

Monster Stage 9!

I'm kidding anyways. Moral of thread do nbs swap, leave the evo.

Ok just joking around again. To some it up go with JB6 or higher brake setup. Hydroboost is best.
If you have evo it's fine long as it's working just be aware it's not GM's best design (like abs) when you have issues bypass it and call it a day.