Mystery electrical thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
It's the Onstar module. I've got the same module behind the glovebox in my 2000 Denali

Onstar?? Not that I doubt you, but where would the rest of the system be? I don't have an Onstar button or anything. Not like it would work now anyways, even if I did.
But still, I never would have guessed this old girl had that. I did have what looked like a car phone cradle that I pulled out a few weeks ago that was a "Genuine GM Accessory" according to the sticker on it. Would that have been related?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That module of yours is not for OnStar.. If you had that, you'd have a small antenna on the right rear window, and the comms module would be under the right rear seat (and only appeared in the SUVs). Jury's still out on what you have in there.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go for a long drive, all bells and whistles on. Then put your hand on the heat sink, or use a temp gun. See if it is functioning. If it is cold, may mean the component it supplies is deactivated. But Alas still does not answer your Query.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe trace that wire bundle coming out of it and see if it leads to something or if it combines with more OEM wires...... Deductive reasoning will tell you OEM or not, and if its not, those wires will lead you to what it controls.....

If OEM, pull PN# off label and give a GM dealership a call.....