my truck build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around February of 2015 I purchased a 1994 GMC K3500 Crew Cab Short Bed. Truck is equipped with a 5.7L 5speed. When I got it it had around 248k on the clock and alot of issues. So far I've done the following: rebuilt TBI unit with 18lb spring, TB spacer, open filter element swap, shorty headers, full tune up, and a lot of other small things. It's got alot of work to go. I'll post pics tonight when I take some more

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pics

You must be registered for see images attach

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has maybe a block and crank? It doesn't look like it has any rake at all. It has a ton of potential especially for a $500 truck. I would've been all over this had it been in my area

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone
Looks like it has maybe a block and crank? It doesn't look like it has any rake at all. It has a ton of potential especially for a $500 truck. I would've been all over this had it been in my area
It does. Had to fix the driver leaf pack and added some blocks and cranked the front. Regretting it now. Gonna remove it when redo the rear brakes.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My latest project was swapping back in the correct trans. PO swapped in a half ton nv3500 trans at some point. Well I use this truck to haul my jeep so long term it wasn't gonna fly. I picked up a NV4500 and 241C transfer case out of a 1998. Everything was in good working decision but I'm wierd about this stuff so I went ahead and rebuilt the trans, adding the fixed mainshaft 5th gear fix and a new balancer. Threw some paint on it and ready to go. Still waiting for a few clutch parts to come in.