My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be that guy - With the availability of the 4l80e's, there is no real reason to shift gears manually in these trucks.

If it were a dodge, then i'd make that switch in a heartbeat!

My 2 cents.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
It's your 'burb. Do what makes YOU happy.

If it was a pickup used "around the farm"...I'd totally be for a 5 speed swap. I wouldn't go through the trouble to swap my 'burb, however. It's nice not to have the row the gears on a daily basis, and the 80E does it's job pulling when necessary.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, went to the junkyard today, and scored a set of four ok-ish condition PY0s. Three of them are reasonably decent condition, one is peeling clearcoat like a sunburned Irishman. They were on a '98 K2500 with friggin 37" Thornbirds. So I paid to have the junkyard staff pull them, since it's mud soup and no safe way to jack up the truck to get them of myself, and an additional $5 per wheel to pull the tires off, since they won't fit inside the Burb with 37" tires on.
Also on my previous trip I found a CD delete pocket, a rear head rest I was missing, and the plastic trim piece at the very back of the load floor.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Super sad today.
My local junkyard got in a complete 2000 Tahoe Limited. And it was poised to sell as a complete vehicle.
I was working on negotiating a deal on the whole truck with them, came back today, and it's been picked nearly clean.....
:(:(:(

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super sad today.
My local junkyard got in a complete 2000 Tahoe Limited. And it was poised to sell as a complete vehicle.
I was working on negotiating a deal on the whole truck with them, came back today, and it's been picked nearly clean.....
:(:(:(

That's a shame. Always like that. Always vultures around.....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey now, I resemble that remark! Actually no, I'm usually late to the party myself.

Lol. When I had my accident they would post pics of the new in stock crashes. Same freakin day there nothing like the pic. I swear people be spending the night there and just gut it all night. Cant belive how fast parts disappear. If anybody wants to see a magic trick go to a junk yard. You'll see things disappear so freakin fast.... btw finally got parts for my truck but the interior was gone