My Flat Tappet Cam Wiped Out So I Decided To Go Roller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going through some of my pictures and came across these. Just for fun, here's one of the fridge in my shop when I first started going down this rabbit hole due to the blown head gaskets.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's it after Monday's exercise and, hopefully won't have any added going forward. Guess which ones aren't in my truck now :anitoof:

Magnets don't count :fc5716bd:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My A.I.R. (AKA Smog) pump's bearing is feeling a little rough so, I looked around for a replacement, no joy! They're NLA plus, I no longer live in CA, my truck is exempt, all the pipes and pump are ugly, and always get in the way! ;) I posted earlier about the M22X1.5 plugs and ordered a serpentine belt which will (hopefully) bypass the pump. In the past I've always tried to order Gates belts and hoses. Here's what I found online at OReillyAuto.com - it has "Made in China" all over it plus here's how it was packaged :rolleyes:

The belt and a return order sticker, :lol:

Shipping a lot of A.I.R. there huh?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my headers wrapped, maybe this will help reduce engine compartment heat, save the plug wires, and boots. :biggrin:

I watched a recent Engine Masters episode where they compared painted, ceramic coated, and wrapped LT headers. The wrapped headers ran so much cooler on the outside than the others. As far as Torque and Horse Power, no advantage from either of them, the power curves where almost identical. :deal: