92 Tbi Flat Tapped Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twotone92

Reaction score
Hello , I have a 1992 Silverado with the original TBI 350. I believe that has a flat tapped cam correct?

I ask because I’m trying to figure out what oil is best for it. Either I will go with typical 5w30 Conventional or 10w30 with zinc additives for better lubricity.
Thank you

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search. This has been endlessly debated, including fairly recently (last couple of days.)

I say use any commercially-available 5W-30 oil, a quality filter with an anti-drainback valve, and have ZERO concern for "zinc" (actually ZDDP) content in the oil because the weakass valve springs you have don't provide much challenge to a motor oil.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do a search. This has been endlessly debated, including fairly recently (last couple of days.)

I say use any commercially-available 5W-30 oil, a quality filter with an anti-drainback valve, and have ZERO concern for "zinc" (actually ZDDP) content in the oil because the weakass valve springs you have don't provide much challenge to a motor oil.
Not to mention the TBIs I have had apart had the GM stellite hardened faced lifters. I have pulled 300K mile lifters out that looked new.