My "Build" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
The truck is coming together great.

Looking very good!

Thanks Guys it's been about a month as it sits and I am getting restless...

If I could start over i wouldve bagged first thing then started bodywork with a total diff paint sheme and the whole 9 yards. I have a 5 yr plan that will include a rebuild. The only the that makes me nervous about baging is putting trailer fenders On the fender without scratching the paint. cause by the time My tax check come in and the kit gets installed there wont be time to paint I dont think before show season. and Im not going a whole more season without paint...

People tell me the truck looks good..but Im at the point were I hate to look at it basically.
Wow... that's kinda depressing... lol. Just a thought I know you want to bag it right away but couldn't you do your wheels and finish the paint and rock it that way for a season and do the air over next winter? Give yourself some serious time to be picky and fix mistakes and what not? Just a thought...

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
its an option...but I'd rather have bags :p Im getting wheels but only 2 for now it will be later before I can afford the other 2. Besides Im not planning on going back and touching anything up. that rebuild in 5 yrs...will consist of 4 full doors and a bd

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
its an option...but I'd rather have bags :p Im getting wheels but only 2 for now it will be later before I can afford the other 2. Besides Im not planning on going back and touching anything up. that rebuild in 5 yrs...will consist of 4 full doors and a bd
Hahaha Thats awesome! I hope to full frame mine after I buy a house then it will really hit the fan! I don't know if I could pull off bags with mine and my style. I love em but for this truck it doesn't "feel" right, right now anyways!

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
it would be sik bagged just update the mirros bag it and call it done !
No I would have to get these in a 20/22 combo first!
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice work looking good!!
Thanks! Honestly didn't expect the response I have gotten from the web. I am a bit of car taboo in my local area, even tho some sick minis came from a couple guys that were a grade ahead of me

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I understand Dev's dilemma completely.
After DD'ing my '98 for 7 years, while modding it, then having the engine go south, someone hitting it TWICE while it was parked, dropping another 4.3 & tranny, which I didn't want to do but had to, only to find the flex plate is broken, I'm getting a bit burnt out on the project. It's sat for 1.5 years. I get P.O.'d at myself for not working on it. She deserves to be treated better. Poor girl!
But, I'm still buying parts for it when I'm able! Just gotta pick up a wrench & get to it. That step alone can be the hardest part of the whole motivation thing. I will not sell it though. Even after I found a 2dr. 2whldr Tahoe that's just screaming to be dropped & have all the good stuff off mine swapped on to it. Can't do it.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I understand Dev's dilemma completely.
After DD'ing my '98 for 7 years, while modding it, then having the engine go south, someone hitting it TWICE while it was parked, dropping another 4.3 & tranny, which I didn't want to do but had to, only to find the flex plate is broken, I'm getting a bit burnt out on the project. It's sat for 1.5 years. I get P.O.'d at myself for not working on it. She deserves to be treated better. Poor girl!
But, I'm still buying parts for it when I'm able! Just gotta pick up a wrench & get to it. That step alone can be the hardest part of the whole motivation thing. I will not sell it though. Even after I found a 2dr. 2whldr Tahoe that's just screaming to be dropped & have all the good stuff off mine swapped on to it. Can't do it.

Just throw an lq4 in the '98 and call her a day! My wife won't let me sell mine! I have come close (in my head) to trading for something different, I miss my f & g body GMs, She says she never wants to hear about "how much I miss it" When I got mad about not working on her I slammed a Beer or 2 slapped on my boots and took out my frustration with my wrenchs! But I 100% agree the hardest part is getting going!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
yea lack of motivation is killer and will totally dick up a build... the longer it to takes the harder that motivation is....ive laid out a new plan at least one thing will get done per week even if the wetsanding for 5 minutes