my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I believe so, if you mean by being a painted bumper. I know around here about every GMT400 has a chrome bumper except the basic work trucks. Those usually have a silverish gray painted bumper. And usually bent up...lol Idunno why, but its freaken hard to find a painted bumper. Even in a junk yard.

Reaction score
Not much of an update, just a few things ive gathered thru all this cold and rain lately..

New grill, and the lights ive still sitting in boxes..

You must be registered for see images attach

A donor Y-pipe

A hitch so i will finally be able to pull a dang trailer..lol

And this is where im at on the dash so far... its been sitting aside like the rest of the truck :(

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, I am looking forward to seeing pics of the grille on the truck, and I see what you are going to paint the dash, how are you painting it?

Reaction score
Gotta finish plastic welding the defrost cover, gonna skim some bumper epoxy over it as the filler work material.. finish sanding it smooth and plastic primer. As for paint....lol, still unsure :( Torn between green and white, or green and black. Would it look odd if the truck was green and white, and interior green and black?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think green and white would be sweet to match the exterior do you have a link to those lights?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i had those lights before. there fitment sucked..... so be prepared to do some custom work to make them fit evenly and also space them back another 1/4inch or more. :(
i went back with OEM clears. just be sure to do the typical ebay sealing job with clear silicone on the lenses! my corners filled up with water real easily :(

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm glad I had the idea of using silicone drilled into my head. I haven't had any leaks yet (*fingers crossed)