my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yeah, i plan to clear epoxy them. Ima pull the lenses off to color match the truck where they are black. Its pretty much the only reason i got them.
And heck yeah! $200 bucks was a steal to me, i pray to find a wreaked GMT400 in the pic n pull to be a motor donor :) Its really hard trien NOT to steal parts off it for my truck.. lmao

Reaction score
Today i Finally got my Y pipe replaced :) Didnt take any pics being its not really worth mentioning..lol Its a huge deal to me tho, about six years ago i had to get my oldest daughter from Alabama. Had my dream car, an 85 Jaguar XJ6.. Sold it for scrap metal just to get the gas money to get up there and get her... I had just gotten my truck back then, pretty low static drop.. I got on I-20 in Atlanta, made it about 160 miles west and the interstate was under construction near whatever Nascar track is there. Heard a loud *** thump, scrape sound.. Exhaust got a lil louder.. Figured a chunk of the busted up concrete snagged a lil hole in the exhaust.. Got all the way to the exit i needed.. Turned off the ramp, and when i went to pull onto the highway the truck just reved. Wasnt going anywhere.. Got out and checked under the truck. The Y pipe was twisted backwards and had busted long ways in half from drivers down pipe all the way over to passenger side.. Even better, the trans pan had the corner busted wide open. Had to beat the exhaust back forwards with a hammer from a gas station.. Had to buy a jack, pan gasket and fluid.. Got lucky and found a semi repair shop that had its back door open and an old man was there just to get some tools hed left there.. Guy was kind enough to braze the hole in the tranny pan.. On a Sunday evening. lol.. I replaced the trans pan a few months later.. Never could find a Y pipe anywhere here. Till about a month ago in a pic n pull :) So yeah, im beyond happy finally getting to replace it! :cheers:

Reaction score
Shortened the down pipes 1.5" and thats the Y pipe kissing the fk out the trans.. had to knock a dent into the top center of the crossover pipe to clear the center bottom trans bolt. looks like it may stick below the frame a hair on passenger side.. lay out on that fkr hard a few times, itll be out the way ;) lmao.. P.S. a 350s Y pipe fits a 4.3 Same Y pipe. :)

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Shortened the down pipes 1.5" and thats the Y pipe kissing the fk out the trans.. had to knock a dent into the top center of the crossover pipe to clear the center bottom trans bolt. looks like it may stick below the frame a hair on passenger side.. lay out on that fkr hard a few times, itll be out the way ;) lmao.. P.S. a 350s Y pipe fits a 4.3 Same Y pipe. :)

i didn't know they were the same.. good to know!

yeah, air down a few times.. it'll line itself out lol

Reaction score
:whymewhyme:
My Viairs are fkd, This really sucks, i got money to buy bucket seats today.. took apart my viairs to see why one clatters so bad.. Now im set back even further on ever finishing this dang truck...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rebuilds came in.. now i can start changing it to 1/4" lines :) freshen up the frame and all and get it ready for the bed :)

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Rebuilds came in.. now i can start changing it to 1/4" lines :) freshen up the frame and all and get it ready for the bed :)

1/4" lines will slow her down quite a bit.. and im not saying that to be negative..it's a good thing! lol. my lines are 3/8s but the manifold itself is slower than traditional valves.. you can adjust the height super easy without getting slung around like a rag doll. i love it.

Giggity...

You must be registered for see images attach

looking good! i wish i had done my tank bracket like yours... maybe next time :/