My 94 K3500 aka Maximums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99CCSBD

Reaction score
Hi there¡ This is My k3500 project his name is Maximums.

Quick stats: 454 BBC,auto trans,manual shift 4x4,8 inch lift,35s,posi lok for front diff.

First pic is the day I drove 2 hours each way in a snow storm on a sat night to pick up. Took my tow truck and picked it up. Since I’ve owned it I have done a lot of work to it. Brand new front end,all new power steering lines,fuel lines brake lines etc I’m rebuilding it to be my forever truck. It’s been sitting for a while but once I get it moved out here to Saskatchewan from Ontario I can begin working on it again.
Just wanted to make a build thread. This isn’t my first Dually I have built or own.this is my third obs dually
2000 gmc 2wd 350 auto tow truck (aka boomer) a 1999 Chevy crew cab short bed dually it’s my daily currently (aka Betty) lol I know not original but black truck black Betty

My plans are to keep working away on the truck till it’s where I want it. Future plans are install top kick door handles and mirrors to give it the “big rig” look and feel, paint it’s currently a million colours
And just drive and enjoy it. There’s tons I’m missing but when it gets here I’ll post as I progress

Thanks for viewing.

You must be registered for see images attach

99CCSBD

Reaction score
Well I’m happy to report that Maximus made it 3000km from Ontario to Saskatchewan with out a problem. My step dad and I went on a 5 day trip to pick him up. I must say I’m incredibly impressed with how my 99 pulled.
Now the fun can begin!

99CCSBD

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve updated my project build thread. So here’s some pics of what I’ve been up to.
My 99 shorty crew cab Aka Betty has become the focus of my build. I originally was bought just to bring my 94
K3500 aka Maximus to Saskatchewan from Ontario. Since i made the trip and we be been looking at max he’s in really rough shape. Rear frame is soft, the cabs rusted every where and had bad body work done. Betty though is solid a rust spot on front fender and a little surface rust from stone Chips on the rockers. Plus it’s Vortec 454 way more Pep in its step compared to my 94 tbi. So it’s been decided that max will give up his lift and all the new parts I installed on him as I was planning to rebuild the whole truck to enjoy for years. Other bonus is that Betty is a/c power/leather etc. Max was a base truck no nothing. So the plan is after harvest I will start to dismantle max and sell what I don’t need and use what I can and try to make some money back to put into a possible LS swap.
So my plans are to remove the lift have it all sand blasted and then powered coated black most likely then when installing in Betty I can have the frame all sand. Blasted and I’ll por 15 it. Because I’ve done the complete front end in max I’ll just swap it all over and everything is brand new. I’ll swap all the new stuff over oil cooler lines,power steering lines etc. Everything that can be changed will be changed. After that I can enjoy it for a bit. After that I can focus on using my daily driver 02 2500 crew cab 6l with nv4500 as a ls donor swap It’s been a great truck and I had the nv4500 rebuild last summer. Is when I swap I can rebuild the ls and everything is new. Because I wish Betty was manual I’m undecided if u want the nv4500 behind the 454 or the 6.0l any pros and cons to each? I don’t care about millage and I don’t care about hauling as both will haul anything I need I just want it to be a daily I can drive everywhere with a manual.

Out of curiosity would people want to see regular updates?let me know and I’ll post note as I go it will keep my motivated.