my 90 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
If possible, grind around the holes.. then take a screwdriver or something that will fit into the hole and lean it from side to side making the hole an indent. Then use some fiberglass filler "kitty hair" to fill the holes.. grinding the area and concaving the holes will give you more grip for the filler and make feathering the filler smooth work better. If the filler is only in the hole and has no bite it will in time fall out.

**Edit** You can use some 60 grit sand paper instead of a grinder..lol

oh good idea yeah these holes aren't very big... maybe 3/8 at the biggest

sent from the eskanalierra lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
so that fiberglass filler, am I looking to get short strand or long strand?

sent from the eskanalierra lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Man its been a long time since ive been in here... sadly though nothing has changed with this truck. Just been using it for what its intended for, driving the hell out of it! Hopefully I can get in gear to start repairing the hail damage and get it painted.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Man its been a long time since ive been in here... sadly though nothing has changed with this truck. Just been using it for what its intended for, driving the hell out of it! Hopefully I can get in gear to start repairing the hail damage and get it painted.

Rattle can the biotch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Sorry, rarely have a chance to get on.. But the short strand would probably be the best for working with in such a small spot.. The long hair would be aggravating to deal with..lol

Reaction score
You can buy pre mixed auto paint from a parts store, the run about $24 a quart.. Or even NAPA has pre mixed basic colors for cheap, and some NAPAs can mix any color or type auto paint you want at a fair price.. But if you go to an auto paint supply shop, heres a lil secret... Any and all factory colors are exact matches, which require a paint code they have to mix by so they come with a steep price.. Blacks, whites and basic colors are cheapest.. Blues and greens are mid priced.. and reds and pearls jump pretty steep.. BUT!! If you DONT use a factory color, and need them to make a color.. Its WAY cheaper! Usually they will give you a 1/2 quart to try and see if you like it, and will keep tinkering with it till you are happy with the color :) My wifes car needed the spoiler painted, we played with white pearls till we thought it matched close enough to the factory color... Cost.. $4 for the quart.

And my lawn mower is close to Dagen1s truck color..lol, $6 for that quart.. Got bored and was wondering what a green with gold pearl in it would look like :) And another helpful tip with fillers and stuff at an auto paint supply shop.. they have scratch and dent cans ;) and usually if something got spilt on a box of something they will discount whatever was in the box.. I got Evercoat kitty hair, gallon, usually $70ish.. for $10. The plastic 3M epoxy for bumper repair, usually $45.. for $14.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well....... its done this one is officially terminated.

Sold her earlier this evening, apparently when I posted it right after getting the dually I forgot to take the add down and well guy called me up today and wanted it more than I did. But its all good it has given me the funds to get alot of much needed things done on the dually and get alot of other things taken care of. But the guy seemed really cool and im sure will show it more love than I can at this point. Anyway its the end of this chapter and on to another.