My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Ordered a new stock fuel level sending unit last week, along with a 340LPH drop in pump.

Drop in, not so much. Took a little modification to the pump hanger to get the pump and strainer in.

Plan to put this stuff in next weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally found a little motivation to take the bed off.

Plan is to finally do the c-notch, install the rear drop shocks, put the factory tank, brackets and modify the fuel lines.

I swear, i've hand lifted the bed off of this truck a dozen times, with two people. Used a forklift this time, it was super nice!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Stock tank is now back in the truck, first time in 6 or 7 years. Really got tired of having to open the bed cover to fill the fuel cell.

Just have to trim the AN fuel lines, put new ends on and wire the fuel pump and sending unit in to the existing wiring.

AND THEN PRESSURE WASH THE FRAME! So many years of racing related oil downs have really saved the frame from rust, but it's caused it to pick up every speck of gravel dust.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Alright, fuel tank is in, pump and sending unit are wired to the truck, AN lines have been modified and hooked up to the sending unit.

Next step is rebuilding the exhaust to go over on the passenger side.

Still waiting on some fuel door / filler neck parts, then the bed will go back on.

Went ahead and pressure washed the chassis, I totally knew there was black chassis paint under all of the oil and road grime. LOL

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
That definitely looks like a nice piece!

Are you going to keep the dual pipes, or run a single? I've got almost a zero loss system on the 3" setup on my similar spec'd 6.0L in the Z28.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
That definitely looks like a nice piece!

Are you going to keep the dual pipes, or run a single? I've got almost a zero loss system on the 3" setup on my similar spec'd 6.0L in the Z28.

I was laying under the truck this weekend. My plan is to make a crossover from the drivers side, that'll line up with the passenger side tubing. Plan to use a pair of Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers. I see everyone wanting to use 3" with a 6.0, but I feel that's too large for 364" engine. The truck dyno'd great with 2.5" exhaust.

In other news, my quang D 0 N G fuel sending unit lasted approximately two days, so I loaded the parts cannon and ordered an Aeromotive #18379 340lph fuel pump assembly.