My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Yes I think a single 3" is plenty on that many cubes. When I was still running the Hooker Aerochamber crossflow muffler, an open cutout in the I-pipe was only worth 10hp, I'm now running a better flowing Banks mufller, and there is no difference.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Yes I think a single 3" is plenty on that many cubes. When I was still running the Hooker Aerochamber crossflow muffler, an open cutout in the I-pipe was only worth 10hp, I'm now running a better flowing Banks mufller, and there is no difference.

Perhaps I misunderstood. You're saying a single 3" on the camaro?

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstood. You're saying a single 3" on the camaro?

Correct, factory style configuration on my Z28. 2.5" pipes off the collectors to a flowmaster merge, single 3" over the axle and into a Banks Stinger TOTL (two on the left) period correct muffler.

You must be registered for see images attach

Took me 10 years from the time I started looking but I found that setup NIB...was sold in 2003 and never installed. Found it on craigslist in Detroit of all places...kinda the same with my Dana 44 axle...it was NIB from 1985...sourced out of CA.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Correct, factory style configuration on my Z28. 2.5" pipes off the collectors to a flowmaster merge, single 3" over the axle and into a Banks Stinger TOTL (two on the left) period correct muffler.

You must be registered for see images attach

Took me 10 years from the time I started looking but I found that setup NIB...was sold in 2003 and never installed. Found it on craigslist in Detroit of all places...kinda the same with my Dana 44 axle...it was NIB from 1985...sourced out of CA.

Okay, that makes much better sense. I was thinking you ran a true dual 3" exhaust from the collectors, back.

I debated ordering a gibson or flowmaster "stock" style 3" TBI catback for this truck, using a merge.

Instead i'm doing 2.5" back to the axle, will build and weld that all up myself, not sure if I want to do over the axle tailpipes and exit as a pair, after the passenger side rear tire, or not.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Nah, just means you appreciate good light at night!

I'm still a big fan of the Spyder glass lenses and an HD harness with the 4-hi mod. Looks stock and lights up the world at night.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Nah, just means you appreciate good light at night!

I'm still a big fan of the Spyder glass lenses and an HD harness with the 4-hi mod. Looks stock and lights up the world at night.

This truck has had clear headlamps with led bulbs for quite a few years. Trust me, I can see the next zipcode with them on. LOL!

I'm just trying to dull the power down a little, with the factory diffused lamps.

When I was at LMC, doing product management, Spyder tried and tried to get in the door, sadly I wasn't impressed by their product quality.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was at LMC, doing product management, Spyder tried and tried to get in the door, sadly I wasn't impressed by their product quality.

I've always been under the impression that some of the headlight and tail light assemblies that LMC sells are Anzo products, but they're not labeled as such. Can you confirm/deny? If not it's no problem, I completely understand. Just curious.

If so I'm also curious what gave them an edge over Spyder? I always thought those two were kind of in the same ball park when it came to quality.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that some of the headlight and tail light assemblies that LMC sells are Anzo products, but they're not labeled as such. Can you confirm/deny? If not it's no problem, I completely understand. Just curious.

If so I'm also curious what gave them an edge over Spyder? I always thought those two were kind of in the same ball park when it came to quality.

Luckily my NDA expired 9/21.

Yes, some of the "aftermarket" style lamps are Anzo, the OEM style lamps are Maxzone / Depo replacements, some are even no-name overseas.

Anzo came long before Spyder.

The quality of the spyder products were sorely sub-par to even an Anzo product.

Being a hobbyist myself, I was somewhat strict on what went into the LMC catalogs, especially when it came down to quality.

I remember it took me, years of lobbying, to get the corporate pocket book opened, to reproduce 88-91 and 92-94 dashboards for these trucks.