MSD distributor caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to let every one know msd is going more stainless steel on there distributor caps. I usally got the brass one for my 4.3 Now it comes with steel terminals. I dont know I always thought thy ran better. What are other good caps or should i stick with msd?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just wanted to let every one know msd is going more stainless steel on there distributor caps. I usally got the brass one for my 4.3 Now it comes with steel terminals. I dont know I always thought thy ran better. What are other good caps or should i stick with msd?
Stainless steel might be good for the contacts. Never had a problem with brass ones ( like Accel and Blue Streak use). I have a Blue Streak rotor and an Accel cap on my 5.7 vortec Burb. Blue Streak makes a vortec cap now, they didn't yet when I got the Accel one. IMO anything that doesn't corrode and get grungy like the factory style aluminum contacts is good. Vortec distributors are bad about collecting moisture, and that's no bueno with aluminum in there.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MSD has been selling crappy Communist Chinese distributor caps for years. I bought one for my TBI truck...had to send it back.

I'm not saying MSD is alone in sourcing low-cost, high-profit junk from China--but they pretend to be a "premium" brand. There's no excuse for specifically targeting enthusiasts for bottom-feeder junk at high prices. I used to like MSD products. Now...not so much.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What about taylor craft? Hows the blue streak?
I haven't personally used the vortec distributor cap that Blue Streak makes, but I'm very happy with their rotor. If I replace the Accel cap, it'll be with a Blue Streak one. Had very good luck with their caps and rotors on other GM vehicles, for decades.