MSCustoms 90 ECSB Blue Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Lots of things done but no pictures yet. When installing the window seals, i buffed out the dumbo mirrors and they look almost brand new.

I have spent the last week doing interior work and what i have done so far is replaced the carpet on the kick panels, door panels, rear plastic covers by the feet of the rear bench, and the jack cover box. However, i did not replace the floor carpet but took it to the do-it-yourself carwash and really cleaned it up. Both driver side and passenger side front seats are reupholstered and the door panels are almost finished but are on hold at the moment.

While i was there, i replaced the rear 4x6 speakers with 5 1/4 inch round speakers and ran 16 ga. wire up to the connector under the driver side dash. Big thanks to Great White for helping me with sound questions.

I plan on running 16 ga. wire up front and running 4 inch round speakers in the dash. I also plan on replacing the door hinge assemblies on the passenger door and getting both windows tinted before finishing the door panels.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Update: Crazy kid decided to make a junkyard trip to look for goodies in the Phoenix heat because he was "in the area." I picked up a comp/temp mirror and its wiring and took a little over an hour trying to get the wiring out, I even got the plastic channel that hides the wiring from the mirror to the headliner. I was going to stay and look for more goodies but i was starting to feel sick but on to the pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also finished up the speaker wiring for the front speakers

Plus a picture of the new rear speakers and the new interior carpet panels in the rear

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard was getting the panels off in the back? I plan on changing all my speakers one of these days along with the back side windows.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Its not all that hard as long as you take your time and not get frustrated. I used this as a reference to see where the clips were: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?9282-HOW-TO-Remove-rear-trim-in-extended-cab-OBS

I would recommend opening the side windows when pulling the upper B panels out. I didnt break any of the clips for the side panels but broke and had major trouble with the rear roof panel above the back window and it doesnt have to be removed unless you wanted to remove the old speaker wiring. Once I had the rear bench out, I removed the arm rests and the cubby just below it. After the four screws were removed, I reached into the hole where the cubby was, found the clips, and pushed them out from the back side so i wasn't prying on the panels. Start where the door is and work your way back. The 5.25 speakers require cutting to fit and you can see I made a plate that the speaker mounts to and then I used the existing holes from the 4x6's.

Overall it was fairly easy but time consuming. I also had the passenger front 60 portion of the bench removed during the process

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eh too bad I need a new back upper panel as I broke the clips when I replaced the headliner. :nono: oh well :shrug:

Thanks for the link!

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Then the hardest part is done already :rofl:

Goodluck

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Tint will not happen anytime soon so progress on the door panels have been made. So far only the passenger side is done.

I also finished the comp/temp mirror install