Most reliable door lock actuators?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I need to replace 3 of the 5 lock actuators on my Suburban (99). Drivers, and both rear passengers.

I already replaced the one on the rear barn doors with a cheapie from Amazon, but it came in a pack of 3, and 2 were DOA. Amazingly the 3rd one has worked for over a year lol.

I bought ONE Dorman that I will install today, came with a lifetime warranty at Autozone. I only did this because I'm in a pinch and got to get this one working for the wifey. The other two I can wait for.

Are the Dorman actuators OK? These are a bit of a pain, although not terribly painful, to replace. I'd rather spend twice the money and do it only once.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dorman isn't awful by any means, but not exactly top tier either. You may have just gotten some from a bad batch I'd guess. The nice thing is that Amazon returns are generally cake.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Dorman isn't awful by any means, but not exactly top tier either. You may have just gotten some from a bad batch I'd guess. The nice thing is that Amazon returns are generally cake.

True. The 3-pack was so cheap that I didn't even bother. I should have but had a lot going on at the time. That was back before i understood that saving money on parts doesn't save you money on parts.