More air conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorgod0

Reaction score
What type of compressor do you have? If it’s a 90 suburban I believe it would have had the old Frigidaire A6 style. And would have been on R12 originally. I can tell you from experience that converting those old compressors to R134 doesn’t work out that well.
Thanks. I don’t know what it had in it originally. It’s R134 now. There are no stickers on the compressor. How would I be able to tell if it has been converted or if it came with 134?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
R4 compressor on a 90 Suburban. The A6 beast was a thing of the past already..

Richard

SHRT 1

Reaction score
When you said you resealed the ducts are you talking about the ducting to the vents? That is a cheap & easy check/fix but these vehicles are notorious for the rubber seals on the air distribution doors for falling apart. Usually you will notice airflow from locations other than what you have selected. That entails taking the dash apart & removing the air plenums and replacing the doors. First, make sure you can get the replacement parts! Also, make sure you are getting full travel out of the actuators.

Motorgod0

Reaction score
When you said you resealed the ducts are you talking about the ducting to the vents? That is a cheap & easy check/fix but these vehicles are notorious for the rubber seals on the air distribution doors for falling apart. Usually you will notice airflow from locations other than what you have selected. That entails taking the dash apart & removing the air plenums and replacing the doors. First, make sure you can get the replacement parts! Also, make sure you are getting full travel out of the actuators.
Yes I was referring to the ducting inside the cab. All of the actuators are working and there is play or travel in the doors open or closed.

Motorgod0

Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks for all the input on this. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what, but I found a thin, and I mean thin, vacuum hose behind the distributor. It runs between the firewall and the cab. Looks like the same ones under the dash that open the blend doors. It had a small crack in it. I caught it in the right light or something because I hadn’t noticed it before. Anyhow. I replaced it and I’m getting more air flow.