manual window handle removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I remove the window handle on my doors. Its a 95 if that matters.
I thought there was a clip but I can't see any thing. Any helps is appreciated. Thanks :rockit:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
A small fish hook and a pair of needle nose pliers works well for this in a pinch. The little plastic disc may be stuck to your handle.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The correct tool will let you squeeze between the handle and the disc. What sucks bad is when someone has it off and puts it back together wrong, with the disc upside-down against the clip, makes it VERY hard to get on the clip because the step in the disc shrouds it.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
The correct tool will let you squeeze between the handle and the disc. What sucks bad is when someone has it off and puts it back together wrong, with the disc upside-down against the clip, makes it VERY hard to get on the clip because the step in the disc shrouds it.

Richard

Very true. In this case, the small fish hook and a pair of good needle nose pliers work better than the tool because you can rotate the hook under the clip and pull it off instead of trying to push it off.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can use a rag and work it behind the handle with your hands on each side of the rag but rotating the cloth behind the handle. the cloths fibers grab the small clip and turns the clip off. this is how i remove mine and i never use one of those tools!

98_k1500

Reaction score
you can use a rag and work it behind the handle with your hands on each side of the rag but rotating the cloth behind the handle. the cloths fibers grab the small clip and turns the clip off. this is how i remove mine and i never use one of those tools!

I have never thought of that. Sounds legit tho :Rock on:
My 98 has power windows tho, so i hope to not need to work on manual ones again.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

This is how i do it also

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do your best to not lose the clip. I had to go to a ford dealer to replace it. The chevy dealer wasnt too interested in helping me.