Make a 4l60e TCC stay locked until braking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never been a problem for me. Just have to adjust the mph settings for coast unlock.
Been a while since I looked at it again, but remember at some time there was an argument if hp tuners sets it correctly or not. And it was not working in my case. Sounds like I just need to look at this again.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I looked at it again, but remember at some time there was an argument if hp tuners sets it correctly or not. And it was not working in my case. Sounds like I just need to look at this again.
There are two sets. Low and Higher MPH.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find a truck with the same OS as your truck substitute, you could do a simple transmission segment swap in EFILive. Have you asked Justin at Blackbear? He knows how to do everything I just mentioned and uses EFILive.

I sent another email, asking if they can make the tcc stay locked when letting off of the throttle. below is Justin's reply.

"No sir, we cannot alter that. There is no setting in the computer that says to unlock when off throttle."

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I sent another email, asking if they can make the tcc stay locked when letting off of the throttle. below is Justin's reply.

"No sir, we cannot alter that. There is no setting in the computer that says to unlock when off throttle."

Correct. You need to swap in the segment from a truck that has that baked in from the factory. EFILive cannot change it back and forth. Said segment must be from a truck with the same OS as you. You really have to know what you're after to make it work as it's a mish mash.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct. You need to swap in the segment from a truck that has that baked in from the factory. EFILive cannot change it back and forth. Said segment must be from a truck with the same OS as you. You really have to know what you're after to make it work as it's a mish mash.

That now makes sense.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BB has made many of my trucks run better than factory, but, I wish that he would have told me that he can't achieve what I asked - instead of making some changes and sending my ecm back, only to let me find out by driving it.