Put 4l80e tcc on a switch, and lost OD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks.

It probably isn't possible but I prefer to only spend $$$ on maintenance, or items that make this truck more analog in the future.

If there is no simple fix I will just leave it as is.
put a 700R4 in it then

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can adjust the tune so that the TCC stays locked at 0%TPS with the LSx pcm. Im not sure about the older black box.
I know on my 2000 (GMT 800) when i did the 4l80 swap i tried grounding the brown wire and it acted weird. Had to disable a couple codes and then it worked like i wanted it to. Back then EFI Live didnt have the tables for TCC Minimum lockup for TPS.
Now HPT has it and EFI Live needed a .cax file to get it done. but it works good.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can adjust the tune so that the TCC stays locked at 0%TPS with the LSx pcm. Im not sure about the older black box.
I know on my 2000 (GMT 800) when i did the 4l80 swap i tried grounding the brown wire and it acted weird. Had to disable a couple codes and then it worked like i wanted it to. Back then EFI Live didnt have the tables for TCC Minimum lockup for TPS.
Now HPT has it and EFI Live needed a .cax file to get it done. but it works good.

Thanks.

My truck didn't give any trouble codes that could be read with my Innova 5610.

Do you remember if you had any trouble towing with the tcc force locked?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks.

My truck didn't give any trouble codes that could be read with my Innova 5610.

Do you remember if you had any trouble towing with the tcc force locked?
Na it did great. I hated it unlocking going down towing.
So I hooked that switch up and could set the cruise and relax. It was with a turbo 6.0 so it never had to down shift towing which was even better.

I put over 300,000 miles on that torque converter and transmission trouble free.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am giving up on this. The trans shifts so nice the way it is, am just gonna do my best to ignore the tcc lock/unlock. If I do any mods in the future that require sending the ecm back to BB, maybe then i'll see if they can fix it.

Thank you to those that gave their educated opinions.