700r4 tcc lock up with toggle and brake switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right now j have the tcc hooked up to engage in 4th gear only. I only want to hook it up to a toggle switch then unlock when the brakes are applied. I mostly understand how to hook it MOSTLY.

So you hook the tan wire with the black stripe up too the switch then run the purple wire too the fuse block. Then jump the wire from the toggle switch to the brake switch. That doesn't sound right to me.

I was thinking about jumping the A and F pins on the aldl connector with the toggle switch if that will still work. But I'll go either I don't really care. I'm just tired of downshifting into 3rd.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a good reason as to why it's not repaired to normal operation?

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya just let the ecm control lockup. locking up immediately in 4th sucks

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All around town , anywhere I'm not going to exceed 45 mph, I drive around in third. The speeds and speed limits often put the RPM band in that area where it " hunts " . Let off the throttle ( in 4th ) it wants to lockup ( ovr drv ), where actually I'm off the throttle to come to a stop, stop sign , stop light.
And in the owners handbook GM references that as a driving technique, style for around town , stop, go , stop driving.
And you didn't describe what make, model, year.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm forgot to mention. I went edelbrock 600 long ago the computer is gone now. It's just 92 700r4.

Scott Davison

Reaction score
You need a momentary switch and wire up a latching relay. I changed the wiring in the valvebody on mine so the lockup solenoid is grounded to the case. I've got a nitrous/transbrake momentary switch on my shift lever and when I tap it I have converter lock in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, that turns off when I tap the brake. I'll find you a schematic.

edit: similar to this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why bother with a relay or a toggle switch? Put TCI's vacuum switch in-line with the brake switch, 3-4 pressure switch, and the TCC solenoid. If you're in 3rd or 4th, your vacuum is low (cruise), and your foot is off the brake, you'll have TCC lockup. If you step on the brake, the circuit opens. If you're not in 3rd or 4th, the circuit opens. If you mash the gas and the vacuum drops, the circuit opens.

Note that I haven't got this done on my 700R4 yet. I have the switch, but I need to get my old 700R4 rebuilt and installed first.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah I already fixed this I put the toggle switch through the aldl connector. I'm only doing this because I don't want it locking up in town. And plus it works in tandem with the brale switch still.