92 silverado 700r4 not going into lock up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't know how old your TV plunger and sleeve are, replace them.

Get the Sonnax Holley carb bracket.

Get the Sonnax throttle arm corrector.

Check and see if you need the Summit Holley throttle arm extension. It's for a Sniper, but if the Holley carbs have the same length throttle throw, you need it.

ryals316

Reaction score
Also my gas peddle is really stiff after I hooked up my tv cable without the tv cable on it the gas peddle is nice and snappy what would cause this

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your TV cable is wrong. You will burn up your transmission if you don't fix it. Feel free to ask me how I know. Those four parts above will run you about $150 shipped, but that's a lot cheaper than a new transmission. Again, ask me how I know. I also have to give a lot of credit to @NickTransmissions for clueing me in about the TV plunger and sleeve. I didn't know it was replaceable, and you definitely want to replace it if yours is worn.

In the video I show how what the TV cable does and how to check it. I know it may sound like I'm just flapping my gums, but I tried to pass on valuable information. If you don't trust me, here's a better video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media