Mabbco remanufactured engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dykstra

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying Vortec 454 reman engine from this company. Has anybody dealt with them?
They are located in Texas.

Thanks

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me a production-line reman engine, I'll show you a piece of crap. Every possible short-cut will be taken on the machining and probably on the parts selection.

Ask them if there's any warranty on engines installed "at home" by the vehicle owner. (i.e., not "professionally" installed.)
Ask them who pays for shipping a defective engine back to the rebuilder if you need warranty work.
Ask them how much time/rate per hour they allow to R & R a defective engine. Do they include fluids and filters?
Ask your shop how much time you're going to be charged to R & R that defective engine, and install the warranty replacement, including fluids and filters.
Ask them who pays for your rental vehicle while yours is tied-up waiting for the warranty-replacement engine.
What happens if it blows-up when you're a thousand miles from home?
If you have a minor warranty problem, how much do they pay the shop to take care of it? Is it anywhere close to the "shop rate" you're going to be charged?

The best thing about the GM "new" engines is not that they're "new". It's the warranty coverage: Coast to coast at any GM dealer; for up to 3 years (far as I know.)

hvachelp

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying Vortec 454 reman engine from this company. Has anybody dealt with them?
They are located in Texas.

Thanks

I have bought 2 motors and both were junk. i can post pics and videos of the 4.3 they built.

Also bought a hemi

Both motors started knocking
600 miles and had a lifter tick, only to find out there were mismatched used lifters, have pics. The motor never had any power. I still have it. I just rebuilt my original and put it in a couple weeks ago.

5.7 hemi bought short block started knocking at 10,000 miles...
They have ridiculous warranty rules and even if you follow them they wont help you. I spent near 4000 bucks and got screwed

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of mabbco....

I can tell you that TriStar engines out of Wisconsin has been phenomenal. I’ve sold around 100 of their engines over the last 10 years and can count on 1 hand how many warranty claims I’ve had, and have never and I mean NEVER had a problem with coverage or compensation.