Remanufactured 4L60e supplier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ac156

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Silverado that is 2nd. I blew an oil cooler line and ended up smoking the 3-4 clutch packs in the 4L60e. I have since removed the trans and pulled the transmission apart, planning on doing the rebuild myself. Once I had my parts list and planned upgrades I realized that is is worth it to get a remanufactured transmission and just install that, instead of doing the rebuild myself. I also checked some local shops to see what they would charge for a rebuild, and it’s consistent with the cost of a remanufactured one online. I have narrowed down online suppliers to reman transmissions and Fraser transmissions. I’ve spent a fair amount of time looking at these companies and readings forums here to figure out if they are reliable. I found a thread that mentioned that an online transmission companies warranties are generally not what they say they are. I wanted to see if anyone has worked with these guys before, or if anyone recommends a different online company to work with to just get a reman trans. I don’t know what would be the safest solution to getting a trans rebuilt with some sort of warranty that covers DIY installation. Thanks

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "safest" bet would be to buy a Gearstar, Hughes, TCI, B&M, or Chevy Performance transmission.

So long as you're careful about the torque converter installation, the transmission swap itself is fairly easy, but so many people dork up the torque converter that it's not economically feasible for the companies to warranty installation. Read up on the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act and you'll quickly see that they can't duck their warranty just because you install it yourself, but as always, their lawyers can beat up your lawyer. Don't count on a warranty being worth anything. So many companies have crapped on warranties so effectively that they don't mean anything. It's all about the company's reputation.