Losing coolant at rear heater core rubber hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
How do I replace the rubber hoses in the rear of this 99 Suburban? The rear heat works fine and the core doesn't leak, and the kids seem to like the heat in the winter.

I cannot find replacement molded hoses, and the connections are crimped. These two hoses are short loops that connect the steel coolant tubing (from the front of the truck) to the heater core.

The core inlet/outlet drop down through the chassis only a very SHORT distance and I'm afraid that cutting them will result in not having enough stub left to get a hose clamp around it.

I do live in steamy coastal SC so just bypassing it altogether isn't off the plate but I'd rather try to preserve the heater function at least until that core starts pissing.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I replace the rubber hoses in the rear of this 99 Suburban? The rear heat works fine and the core doesn't leak, and the kids seem to like the heat in the winter.

I cannot find replacement molded hoses, and the connections are crimped. These two hoses are short loops that connect the steel coolant tubing (from the front of the truck) to the heater core.

The core inlet/outlet drop down through the chassis only a very SHORT distance and I'm afraid that cutting them will result in not having enough stub left to get a hose clamp around it.

I do live in steamy coastal SC so just bypassing it altogether isn't off the plate but I'd rather try to preserve the heater function at least until that core starts pissing.
Is this what you're looking for? Found on rock auto

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk