Looking into a new head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on the Pioneer Premier line if you do decide to go with a regular single din. I run older DEH-P880PRS decks in both of my trucks and love them. As far as an ease of use thing, I think the regular single din head units are way easier to use than most of the touch screen ones. That's my personal preference, though.

EDIT - Found the double din write up! Not something I'll probably ever do but pretty cool that they fit.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?8010-DNX9980HD-install-in-my-97-Chevy-Silverado&highlight=doubledin

Last edited:

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Easiest and most cost effective is to go with a regular Pioneer or whatever brand you like head unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I got a Pioneer Head unit. CD and an aux port and a USB port... I love it.
You must be registered for see images attach

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I run a Kenwood in mine. USB/aux/CD. I love it. Had a Sony before and it didn't really last long for me. Mine get heavy use though. 6 speakers, 3 subwoofers, and a 3000 watt amp. I love the sound and settings on this unit. They also take it with Bluetooth like most you can find. I'd choose between Kenwood and pioneer. With a alpine in a close second to either of those. Or a old school Rockford fosgate deck....I want one so bad...I wish they still made them. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score

I run a Kenwood in mine. USB/aux/CD. I love it. Had a Sony before and it didn't really last long for me. Mine get heavy use though. 6 speakers, 3 subwoofers, and a 3000 watt amp. I love the sound and settings on this unit. They also take it with Bluetooth like most you can find. I'd choose between Kenwood and pioneer. With a alpine in a close second to either of those. Or a old school Rockford fosgate deck....I want one so bad...I wish they still made them. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X

I have that same head unit, no complaints on it. I love it