Looking into a new head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had my Clarion flip out in my Tahoe since oct 2006. I have the screen set to stay in the upright position to save ware and tear on the parts. I do close the screen when going to be a good distance away.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Absolutely love it! Does yours have the hands-free calling?

Yup that's been one of my favorite features with this head unit, when I got it I didn't even know it came with a mic for hands free calling so it was a pleasant surprise

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I run a Kenwood in mine. USB/aux/CD. I love it. Had a Sony before and it didn't really last long for me. Mine get heavy use though. 6 speakers, 3 subwoofers, and a 3000 watt amp. I love the sound and settings on this unit. They also take it with Bluetooth like most you can find. I'd choose between Kenwood and pioneer. With a alpine in a close second to either of those. Or a old school Rockford fosgate deck....I want one so bad...I wish they still made them. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X

Lightning Audio is Rockford Fosgate.

Sent from Robl@and!

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah but a very cheaply made version. I want a high end fosgate stereo.

Sent from my HTC One X

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah but a very cheaply made version. I want a high end fosgate stereo.

Sent from my HTC One X

I know what you mean about those old Fosgate decks. Good stuff. I forget which model number but they were built to resemble the Denons of the day. When I was doing my truck stereo I thought very hard about going with a used Denon DCT-Z1 but ended up with my Pioneer mainly because I needed the extensive crossover network.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's some talk that they are looking into re opening a line of decks. They make some basic boat decks still but nothing ideal for a car.

Sent from my HTC One X

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my Kenwood... :shrug:

You must be registered for see images attach

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Here is my pioneer premier, has a rear input for USB so I have my iPod in the CD delete pocket for a clean look, it also has a rear aux and front aux.
You must be registered for see images