Looking into a new head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have the old cassette player in my 95 and was thinking of one of those flip out deals and was wondering if anyone had one of the flip out head units

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not trying to sway your decision one way or another, just something to consider. I've seen a LOT of those flip-out DVD units fail. The motorized screen pops in and out every time you cycle the ignition so it puts a lot of wear on them. My Pioneer CD decks have motorized faces and I disabled them except for when I have to insert a CD just because I had one of those fail on me a few years ago, and those aren't even moving nearly half of that weight. I'm sure it would probably be ok but just be gentle with it. If you really want video capabilities you might consider doing a double-din conversion, not much to give out there.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
double din????

I'm not looking for video player stuff just a nice touch screen that slides out because of the size and my not being good at electronics yet

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres my setup its a kenwood got it off crutchfield 3yrs ago still going strong
You must be registered for see images attach

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Just a recommendation - a guy I know owns an auto electric shop and he really recommended the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT to me. If you have a smartphone, it'll play music straight off of your phone with the bluetooth, and comes with a little mic you can stick somewhere so you can wirelessly take calls. It also has a CD player and all the other things you'd expect from an aftermarket head unit today. It's only around 100 bucks and hasn't failed me yet. I'd personally recommend it over what you're currently looking at but that's just me....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Whats all involved in the double din conversion?