looking for the Tape that separates two tone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any good automotive paint retailer / supplier that can mix paint colors usually can supply penstripe tape. Same guys supply paint and body shops.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I’d seen this thread a while ago.

There’s several different tape colors. The Phoenix graphics kits are ultimately the best option, short of looking for all the individual part numbers on eBay and hoping to get lucky. GM separated each and every body panel into a different part number

For example.
Front fender has its own part number
Door has its own part number
An extended cab section has its own part number etc etc etc

The only major issue that I saw with the phoenix graphics kits is that they didn’t mimic the front fenders correctly (they may have since corrected this).

Each front fender tape is unique in the aspect that the lines taper as they get to the front headlamp. So a left fender strip and a right fender stripe are unique and different from the rest of the gmt400 pieces.

I was able to find a weird combination of bedside and tailgate pieces of tape to complete my truck after paint, and got lucky finding eBay nos on the front fender stripes.

Hope this helps.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason they would be different part numbers is the compound curve , or a taper. Even though they look the same left or right having different part numbers tells it's unique to that area. Also , often and many GM part numbers a left only side item would end in an even number and right side only item would end in odd number. Not always but happens.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason they would be different part numbers is the compound curve , or a taper. Even though they look the same left or right having different part numbers tells it's unique to that area. Also , often and many GM part numbers a left only side item would end in an even number and right side only item would end in odd number. Not always but happens.
Agreed. But each and every panel also had their own respective part numbers as well. Made it fun.