Long bed to short bed conversion with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jigsaw

Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees the axle isn't centered in the wheel well?
You must be registered for see images attach

It just the angle of pic. Yes u can chop the frame under the cab but didnt want to have a welded frame. Everything is held together with grade 8 bolts and welds have been gone over with a stick welder. Yes there is short beds around but this truck ive had for 15+ years, origally it was my cousins as he bought it new, im the 2nd owner. Just wanted to make it short bed. How to was meant to help others as far as measurements and steps involved

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It just the angle of pic. Yes u can chop the frame under the cab but didnt want to have a welded frame. Everything is held together with grade 8 bolts and welds have been gone over with a stick welder. Yes there is short beds around but this truck ive had for 15+ years, origally it was my cousins as he bought it new, im the 2nd owner. Just wanted to make it short bed. How to was meant to help others as far as measurements and steps involved
It's not the angle of the picture. There's obviously more space in front of the wheel than behind.
It's your truck do whatever you want to it, but I consider this a great example of how not to do a short bed conversion.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang. Gonna reorganize my life goals now.
Well man, not everything on youtube is legit. I think you have enough skills to sift through it. Not everyone does. There's a lot of wrong on this one up to and including the welding process used.

I watch alot of you tube videos on body and paint because it's what I used to do for a living and sometimes it's good to see how others approach things, but here is an overwhelming volume of how to do it half-arsed put there as well.

Last edited: