Let's talk lockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I myself drive a lifted 2wd and buying a locker may be necessary to offroad but almost all 4x4 guys will appreciate this info too. SO......
1)trusted brands
2)which style to go with
3)how do the handle during street use
Thanks guys

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ultimate offroad/street friendly locker is either an air locker or e-locker but they're pricey as :poop:, ARB and Eaton off the top of my head, i am personally going to have an ARB equipped axle, hopefully by mid summer

Trutrac seems to be popular for a standard locker, as is the factory G80 junk. hope someone else can help you a bit more

96cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a lockright. Takes some getting used to especially in the rain. First time or two was not fun at all but now I don't notice it. Just coast through all turns and don't stab the throttle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so how would the lockright handle a lot of city driving?

96cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so how would the lockright handle a lot of city driving?

For mostly city driving I wouldn't do it. I'd look into a trutrac style limited slip. I can't hear it engage but my exhaust does set off car alarms if I want to. My truck sees more mud and gravel than pavement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running a lockrite in my rear 14 bolt for 4 or 5 years now. I love it offroad and when I did DD the truck I still never found it to be much different, a little more sneaky in the snow but also has its benefits too.

If you currently just have an open rear end then that would be a lunchbox type locker will be the easiest and cheapest route to go.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
I run a richmond in the black truck. I plan to swap to a trutrac eventually. In a street truck its too much for me personally.It doesnt like the rain very much. If i turn the stereo down and dont throttle the truck, you can hear it rachet.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running a lockrite in my rear 14 bolt for 4 or 5 years now. I love it offroad and when I did DD the truck I still never found it to be much different, a little more sneaky in the snow but also has its benefits too.

If you currently just have an open rear end then that would be a lunchbox type locker will be the easiest and cheapest route to go.

I currently have an open rear end and do almost all city and highway but would like to be able to hold my own in the mud occasionally so basically just looking for a daily driveable locker...so is the lockright something you would recommend?

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a full detroit locker in my 14FF. I like it. A true trac is a good choice, however I found out from Randys that it is one wheel peel in reverse. The Yukon Duragrip is supposed to be a Eaton clone (not G80) that is rebuildable, has stronger parts, and is cheaper.