Let me see your headlights.. Any pics of after market headlights please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
why do you silicone the headlights?, arent they suppose to breath?

Yes, there should be a tiny vent on them somewhere, but if the seal between the clear lens and housing is/goes bad, you'll get craptons of moisture in them.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I leave the vents on the bottom clear. A couple of maybe 1/8 inch holes. But I silicone a lot around the top.

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both trucks are eBay items...brown truck corner markers "yellowed" after about a year, so we'll see how the new setup on my crew cab holds up...IMO I like the crew cab front end way better.

Attachments

• IMG_20140930_175932_475.jpg
    IMG_20140930_175932_475.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 905396_653029861443782_274458168_o.jpg
    905396_653029861443782_274458168_o.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 46

SirJeffro

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm still stoked about getting this beast a couple weeks ago! I had just been at a loss since I sold My '03 1500HD back in 2012.

One of the first things was to replace the yellowed and hazed headlights and park/turn lights....corners were part of the "package" so I swapped those as well.

Yes, they are inexpensive eBay parts, and yes, they are the "blacked out" style. They came with generic 9006 & 9005 bulbs, but I will be looking at low-priced HID kits next. I'm not really interested in LED lights, but I -do- want to add some decent fog lights and maybe even bumper mounted auxiliary driving lights.

Anyway, thanks for the platform to showcase The Beast!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I will be looking at low-priced HID kits next.
You must be registered for see images
Go with DDM and get the regular ballasts, stick with 35W, and if you want a nice decent white without being obviously blue, go 5000K. Their price is a tiny bit higher than other sellers but they're still cheap, and you can't beat their warranty. I've bought 4 sets like what I just described and only once had to use the warranty for one of the ballasts, replaced no questions asked. It would be smart to get one of their relay harnesses too, or make your own if you're able. Just be sure to put the relay somewhere that it has no chance of getting rainwater on it; had one of mine get corroded and lock on, burning up the harness.

Richard

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well I guess since this thread was sorta brought back from the dead. Here is my setup, cheap eBay projector/halo headlight set in back. Disassembled the headlights and added my own halos and changed the 3 white LEDs to green. I also have some 55w 8k HIDs with a relay harness. Can't complain about the HID output, it's nice and bright. The high beams on the other hand are lacking, I put the 9011 bulbs in them recently and it helped a little. But I do have two 100w driving lights in the grille and a 7" light bar so the high beams don't matter too much. Don't have any moisture problem except with the corner lights, but the condensation doesn't stay in the lense and completely evaporates.

Here they were not long after I installed the halos.

Here's after the HID install.

Here's a more side view of them.

Shot of my grille and free light bar I got.