LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
ok ok geez lol
You must be registered for see images attach

clearing the needles will definately be the next step

also anyone know how to avoid the pinkish looking color on the tach, fuel gauge and voltmeter?
other than that im very pleased with how it turned out

Aside from a full-blown Retro' there ain't much you can do
You must be registered for see images attach

-Truckin-

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What LEDs should i get for my 1997 Sierra? All im doing is my HVAC, Gauges and underdash lights on both sides and possibly the headlight switch and I want to know whats the best for brightness that isnt too bright? Also im guessing i wont need the twistlocks but i want to make sure before I order the leds. Thanks!

Cluster = (6) s4 led bulbs
HVAC = (4) t5 led bulbs for background lights and (2) t5 led bulbs for HVAC buttons
Underdash = (2) s4 led bulbs for sufficient lighting without being too bright.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Headlight switch needs retrofit as there is no direct fit led that works well enough to see with.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you get the original HVAC bulbs out of the sockets??? I'm sitting infront of a torn apart dash and can't get these suckers out.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If it's on your 95, this is what I do on mine. The bulbs have a tiny bit of superglue holding them into the sockets from the factory. Get a piece of rubber heatshrink that will slide over bulb, carefully grip the rubber heatshrink on bulb with pliers of somesort(I use needle nose), and rotate in socket to break free the bulb. If it breaks the bulb, you can still dig out the remaining glass with a pick, but be careful to only get bulb out, don't muckup the little contacts inside the socket.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's on your 95, this is what I do on mine. The bulbs have a tiny bit of superglue holding them into the sockets from the factory. Get a piece of rubber heatshrink that will slide over bulb, carefully grip the rubber heatshrink on bulb with pliers of somesort(I use needle nose), and rotate in socket to break free the bulb. If it breaks the bulb, you can still dig out the remaining glass with a pick, but be careful to only get bulb out, don't muckup the little contacts inside the socket.

Thanks MOBS, I don't have any shrink wrap today and had a ton of other stuff to do. I might give this a try in 2 weeks when winter break is happening. I asked myself what GM was thinking when they put bulbs in like that. What if one went bad after a month in 95?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will 90 degree led bulbs work? or do i need to buy 360 degree ones?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will 90 degree led bulbs work? or do i need to buy 360 degree ones?

For the gauges? 90* bulbs will work but the light output will be uneven. Get the 360*, probably more money but if something's worth doing, it's worth doing well.