LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen mine? They may be burnt out. Do all the trucks have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Can someone send me a link to some purple LED's for mt gauges? not pink..some say purple but they look pink i want a true violet

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
UV/purple isn't bright enough to be used for your gauges, as the white and blue filters in the gauges will block out the majority of the light output, and UV/purple is the dimmest of all the colors anyway, so it would be a disaster if you actually wanna see your gauges at night.

Short of a retrofit, there's no plug'n play led bulb that would be bright enough.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
True. Unless you get into your gauges and put a purple film on the back of your gauges instead of the greenish one that is there, I dont think there will be too many purple ones good enough for the gauges.

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Well im getting the white face gauges that have a blue film behind them...will that work better??

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well im getting the white face gauges that have a blue film behind them...will that work better??

probably not because that's just another overlay and layer of filter for them to go through..... if you put white leds on the factory gauges they will be blue it's weird I know because with regular 194 bulbs it's that yellowish white color

Sent from my static android

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive only seen a couple pictures of the older style gauges. Are there any more?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score

Then your best bet would to try to get some red leds behind the blue film and mix em to make the violet. The red will make it brighter than the purple, but mix with the blue.

Im not 100% sure how well it would work, but you can try it.

here is a page I just googled and first hit. Had a few purples but not sure how well they will work. The blue film will help filter the pinkish color as well. I just cant speak for the brightness of them. ANd this place is kind of pricey. Speak to Devs93, he might be able to hook you up.

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Depending on your factory cluster assembly, you might have a face made of green acrylic, or one made of blue. The factory gauges use different color tint to filter the yellow out of the bulbs, to help make a white color. Blue is the most popular color used to filter the yellow, hence why white halogens use blue glass to filter the normal yellow from the burning of the filament.

You would have to get an overlay made of purple acrylic, in order to get a bright enough color, then you would have to use white LEDs. Also, you would have to remove your factory gauge face and replace it with the purple overlay.