Gauge needles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My gauges and needles have some fading, is it possible to get a good used cluster and transfer my mileage over?
My cluster works good with the exception of the shaky fuel needle it just looks worn out from the sun

Vince

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My gauges and needles have some fading, is it possible to get a good used cluster and transfer my mileage over?
My cluster works good with the exception of the shaky fuel needle it just looks worn out from the sun

Vince
Why don't you pull the needles off and repaint them?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Vince
It's definitely can be - the cluster easily comes apart, you don't even need to remove the needles. The odometer and its motor can be removed by pulling two torx screws and unplugging the motor. When you get a replacement make sure you match how many cylinders your engine has or your tach will not be right. You can get one from a 96-2000, if you pull from an Escalade or Yukon Denali you can get a 120mph speedometer... As long as your current truck is a V8.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What year are the Cadillac Escalades I’d be looking if I go that route?
The Escalade and Denali in the 400/OBS series are 1999-2000. Also the Tahoe Limited and Tahoe Z71 in the 2000 model year OBS have the 120mph top speed speedometer/instrument cluster.
These trucks occasionally pop up in the yards, and I happen to have one for sale......
Second picture is this cluster (this one I pulled in August this year) and the first picture is the standard 100 mph cluster (in my crew cab).
More details on the 120 mph cluster in my for sale threads....

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_164556010_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230819_164556010_HDR.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 14