LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 6s in my doors and 5s under the dash (all white). That was more a product of the fact that I just happened to have 4 of the 6s and 2 of the 5s laying around from a previous order. I probably would have just ordered 6s for under the dash too. I had tried the 5s years ago in the cluster of my Yukon, but was less than impressed with them and ended up with the 6s there too. I went with the HP5s in blue for my Suburban cluster.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought the 5s would be better in dash sinse the wider view angle? i think ill stick with the wleds for door and everywhere else but gauges. i dont want to spend a whole lot on this since its pretty much all for looks and all the lights work right now but id like the white light look better than the yellow. also for the festoon ones i didnt see natural white for the 42 mm one and id like them all the match the same whiteness or be pretty close. only blue im going to do is the gauges hvac 4wd id. with red for ingaged in 4wd and maybe blue under dash. i have crappu blue bulbs under there now and they dont look bad, but i think white would light it up a lot better at night

edit* nvm they do have natural white for dome. so i have that part figured out. im still undecided for doors and under dash and license plate ones

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought the 5s would be better in dash sinse the wider view angle?

And that makes sense, but in reality, they just weren't good enough for the gauges for me. There just wasn't enough of the light directed onto the gauges.

i think ill stick with the wleds for door and everywhere else but gauges. i dont want to spend a whole lot on this since its pretty much all for looks and all the lights work right now but id like the white light look better than the yellow. also for the festoon ones i didnt see natural white for the 42 mm one and id like them all the match the same whiteness or be pretty close. only blue im going to do is the gauges hvac 4wd id. with red for ingaged in 4wd and maybe blue under dash. i have crappu blue bulbs under there now and they dont look bad, but i think white would light it up a lot better at night

edit* nvm they do have natural white for dome. so i have that part figured out. im still undecided for doors and under dash and license plate ones

I was gonna say, I have white 42mm festoons in mine...

In my '99 Yukon, I had blue LEDs in the gauges and all of the interior lights. It was cool, but really, the blue just wasn't bright enough to be useable at night. I had an '00 Impala and tried going all white LEDs for the courtesy lights in it. It was a great choice. I have all white LEDs in my CTS courtesy lights and now all white for my Suburban's courtesy lights. I was on the fence on my choice of blue or white for the gauges and HVAC on the Sububan, but once I got the Alpine head unit with its blue LED lighting, that sealed the deal and I went blue. The HP5 LEDs, while pricey, were definitely worth it.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so then now i should get the hp5 leds for guages and basic for others. what about bulbs from ebay? saw some pretty good deals for the bulbs for like doors and stuff

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so then now i should get the hp5 leds for guages and basic for others.

That's your call. I will say that you'll want something besides the x5s in the doors. I had to file out the holes a bit just to get the x6s in there. The 5s will take a lot more work.

what about bulbs from ebay? saw some pretty good deals for the bulbs for like doors and stuff

Don't know. Never tried 'em.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your pics make me want to do my whole dash and accys

956moe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
any one have the tutorial for the HVAC and headlight controls.....