Just to be different, 3 pedal 1999 k2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see you are across the pond. How can you afford to fuel your Tahoe? I empty my bank account filling the tank here in Canada and I know our petrol is less than UK.

cheers
K
Converted to LPG-propane. It's my daily actually lol. I've been through a lots of cars and none brought a smile on my face as much as she does.

Alberniken

Reaction score
Converted to LPG-propane. It's my daily actually lol. I've been through a lots of cars and none brought a smile on my face as much as she does.
I was thinking of LPG conversion myself. More popular in Canada than the US. Can get second hand setup for 5.7l for about $500CDN, and LPG is only about 60% as expensive. Unfortunately this would be a vapour system rather than injection as is popular in Europe.

cheers
K

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
It's overkill TBH. Would have really like a k1500 for the softer ride. I occasionally tow a car on a flat-deck. I don't really need to be able to tow a house.

So, what's a little overkill? I have a crew cab long bed 1 ton truck that I plan on putting a 8.2L engine in and I don't even own a trailer, camper or even a riding lawnmower! I truthfully have ZERO "need" for a truck other than "they're handy"...

...but if I ever NEED a truck, and this one can't do the job, something is wrong! Lol

Beautiful burb. Welcome to the madness.

Last edited:

Alberniken

Reaction score
So, what's a little overkill? I have a crew cab long bed 1 ton truck that I plan on putting a 8.2L engine in and I don't even own a trailer, camper or even a riding lawnmower! I truthfully have ZERO "need" for a truck other than "they're handy"...

...but if I ever NEED a truck, and this one can't do the job, something is wrong! Lol

Beautiful burb. Welcome to the madness.
Thanks

I will actually have occasional use for it as my wife & I do a lot of house reno's
Have a TDI Golf for my daily, so won't be burning that much dino-juice.
K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know if there is a good source for used parts on the Island? Tired of wreckers who think they are sitting on unobtainium for every common part. I grew up in an area with several you-pull yards, and do not have a high opinion of the dismantlers in my area.

cheers
K

nothing on the island i'm a where of, mostly scan FB and CL for owners parting out.