1999 GMC Suburban K1500, $1000 obo, Choctaw OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1999 GMC Suburban K1500

I'm asking $1000 obo. The truck is located just east of Oklahoma City in Choctaw.

View media item 32168I bought this truck about ten years ago from the widow of the original owner. He was a parts store owner and took good care of it. It drove great until it blew the upper intake manifold gasket outside of Lawrence, Kansas while towing my race car. We had a variety of coolant leaks after that (radiator hose, quick disconnect, coolant tee). My son drove into the driveway about three years ago saying it wasn't running right. It had just enough compression to make it to the front of the driveway before the engine gave up with double-blown head gaskets and cracked heads. I put junkyard heads and gaskets on it, but it was toast. I built another motor and swapped it in, but the motor ticked. I yanked that motor back out (a .030" hole in the galley plug behind the timing chain fixed the tick), rebuilt the original motor with new bearings, rings, pistons (#8 had a pinched ring land), and another set of Vortec heads (Mike's Machine in Nicoma Park vatted and checked them for cracks), and reinstalled it. I should have had the block vatted and pressure tested, because it runs great, but blows exhaust into the coolant.

View media item 32170I'm tired of swapping motors in this tank. All my kids are grown, so I don't need an 8 pax truck. I want it gone.

The body is fairly straight with some fading, peeling, and surface rust. AFAIK, it's been in Oklahoma its whole life. There is evidence on the right rear that there's been a factory-color repaint at some time, so it may have had a fender bender.

View media item 32167The leather interior is pretty much intact, but well worn and stained. We were foster parents for several years, and the interior reflects a lot of kid-style abuse. The left rear window regulator sags and the front passenger door handle is busted. I am including replacements for both - but the handle color is gray instead of the proper tan. Hey, a friend gave it to me for free. The middle row headrests are in the back.

View media item 32169View media item 32171View media item 32172When I rebuilt the engine I changed the injection system over to MPFI. The exhaust has the larger K3500 downpipes, 2.25" pipes, dual cats, and a dual inlet/outlet muffler. It's a little loud, but since I never got the truck back on the road, I never finished the exhaust. If I remember correctly, the front O2 sensors are new. It has a new radiator, new water pump, and fairly new tires. The battery ends are cut off and it has top post terminals. I have a weak battery I'll send with it, just so you'll know how well it runs.

View media item 32173At my asking price I'll also include a handful of TBI junk that I wasted money on. Three bases, two of which are modified, an injector pod spacer, an RVMorse pressure gauge setup, two injector pods, two stock injectors, two 454 injectors, and some gaskets. I'll even clean my kids' garbage out of the truck and vacuum it.

Sorry, but I cannot ship, nor tow it to you. You can try driving it home, but if you don't live in my neighborhood I wouldn't recommend it. I have a clear title. I accept cash, cash, or cash. The only exception would be to trade for a Holley Sniper (part# 550-510, 550-511, or 550-516), uninstalled, still in the box.

Last edited: