jeep front sas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
could one use the whole jeep front sas on on of our trucks as a swap. i vaguely remember finding a guy who did one of these but after hours of searching cant seem to pull it up again.
i know there would be alot of fab work but if i can get the whole setup from my friends rig for near next to nothing why not.

thought ,opinions, concerns. go at it

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kinda Jeep are we talkin bout here?? What size axle?? I seriously doubt a D35 would last more than a mile under the front...

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
one from a j10 or j20 maybe but the diff is on the wrong side, one from a smaller jeep would be way too weak and would be better suited for a s10

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
What kinda Jeep are we talkin bout here?? What size axle?? I seriously doubt a D35 would last more than a mile under the front...

a d35 is too narrow but can take a beating, i helped build a 75 cj5 into a cj7 with a fiberglass humj7 body on 35" goodyear mt and a 454/th350 with trans brake into a fun toy that was pretty quick in the mud pit, twisted the front driveshaft a couple times but couldnt kill the axle

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
90's cherokee, the boxier ones which i dont remember the shortened name for them. its just going through my head at the moment if its worht it. if the jeep axle isnt my best bet could i use the jeep suspension setup with a ford axle and just weld all the tabs and everything onto it? also what are advantages and disadvantages comparing long arm coil setup to leaf springs?

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
The only axle that would be wide enough would maybe be something out of a Wagoneer which IIRC are out of a Chevy anyways. The Cherokee D35 swap is popular with the SAS S-10 crowd

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
90's cherokee, the boxier ones which i dont remember the shortened name for them. its just going through my head at the moment if its worht it. if the jeep axle isnt my best bet could i use the jeep suspension setup with a ford axle and just weld all the tabs and everything onto it? also what are advantages and disadvantages comparing long arm coil setup to leaf springs?

why not just use the ford coil setup then?

there was a guy a while ago(ryan bambach) with a cclb 2wd that if i remember right used a super duty suspension and made his a sas 4wd and added a cummins which eventually became a pretty slick pull truck

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well the majority of this stuff im getting for the price of gas oney to drive a half hour to my friends house. i wanted to see if any of this can be utilized, i know nothing about jeeps or coil over solid axle suspensions thats why im asking.