JAYB1RD's Mediocre Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your welcome man! i thought they were pretty awesome. sorry to hear about your luck though, that really sucks. i would have offered a tow home but i dont have a hitch lol. but im sure soon that thing will be bigger and better than ever;)

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Moved the truck into the barn last night. Shot a video of the flashing LEDs as requested while I waited for the engine to warm up. Don't watch it for too long, my terrible camera skills and the flashing lights may give you a seizure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hzeVrkjFRc&feature=youtube_gdata

Good news too, I couldn't get the engine to knock any more, though it still had pretty low oil pressure. Coolant looks clean, oil is clean and full too. Probably just needs new oil pump and crankshaft bearings. I think I will just pull the motor/trans/tcase and go through all three and recondition them. Fingers crossed!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MAN thats sick! lol. it looks so much better in the dark. i dont want to copy and be the exact same but i sure do want to make mine similar. good luck with that motor man! too bad i dont live closer i would give you a hand.

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Ya, that was on the random setting. If I set it to a normal pattern it looks very official, espescially at night time. They have been very nice to have whenever I find myself stopped on the side of the road. I don't mind being copied, that just means I did something right if someone wants to use my ideas.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got ya. im still waiting for that website to accept me so i can read more on it. well im sure you can see a few of your ideas on my truck already then hahah.

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Motor work is going slooow, mainly because I'm not as motivated as I used to be to work on the truck I guess. The engine is sitting on the stand partially taken apart now but I haven't gotten to the oil pan yet.

I did fix my daily driver problem though, bought this so I can just keep tearing the truck apart and still have some fun.
You must be registered for see images attach

2004 Audi A4 Ultra Sport. 1.8t with quattro and six speed manual.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Motor work is going slooow, mainly because I'm not as motivated as I used to be to work on the truck I guess. The engine is sitting on the stand partially taken apart now but I haven't gotten to the oil pan yet.

I did fix my daily driver problem though, bought this so I can just keep tearing the truck apart and still have some fun.
You must be registered for see images attach

2004 Audi A4 Ultra Sport. 1.8t with quattro and six speed manual.

Sucks to hear about the motor Jason. You working on the solid axle yet or just getting it running again first?

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pick that Audi up for?

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
The axle is stripped down, cleaned up, and in primer with nothing but a set of new ball joints and knuckles on it right now Part of me wants to just fix the motor and take it to the dunes a couple more times this season but I think I might take the time to swap it while I have the garage space. As far as I can tell the motor only needs a fresh set bearings, cam & lifters, oil pump, and a good cleaning. I found about a handful of sand in the oil pan and drivers side head. Obviously from my cool air breather/oil cap.

Picked up the Audi for $13k, it has 72k miles on it and the previous owner included a set of snow tires on rims as well as all the parts to do the 75k mile timing belt job. I drove it to the Woodward dream cruise yesterday and had a blast with it. It's going to be tough deciding which toy to spend my mod money on!

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get kicking ass on it and get it done and go to the dunes still this year. lol

Thats not bad. Id love to have an Audi but I dont think I want the pricey maintenance that seems to come with a lot of them.